Note to New Members ×

Sunapee Friday 3/9

bob knox

Looks like it's going to be a gorgeous day tomorrow (29, sunny, winds 5-10 mph). I'll be there skiing in the morning and on the black Donek FC late morning/early afternoon. I'm still learning the hardboot thing, so I may head over to the beginners area. Depends on the crowds.

Bob K.

Epic day for sure (cold and fast corduroy until 2), and possibly the last good one of the season with warm temps and rain on the way. The lot was packed, but the trails were empty. I love to ski the steep/narrow trails off the antique triple from the bottom. You can calmly and peacefully do mach 10 down the runs without fear of running over anyone. I do not recommend the "Learning Center" area for beginner carvers. The trails are way too narrow for carving (at least for me). I tried my best but wore out fast. At least I can make it to the bottom without falling down now (80% skidding/20% carving). I'll try to get out one more time to Crotched at night, but even that is looking tentative.

Until Next Year,

Bob K.

Hi

I am new to this site and this is my first post. I have been snowboarding for 2 years hard core and I own a arbor element and a recently purchased lib tech t.rice 161.5 with mage-traction. I ride up at crotched mostly but have been to killington, bretten woods and a few other places. Yesterday was my 35th time so far this season at crotched. I rode the whole weekend and the snow was excellent saterday. I want to get a carving board or at least try one first. My magne-traction carves amazing for a soft boot ride.

Bob, have you tried your carving board at crotched yet? I would very much like to ride with you there so we could compare how your Donek FC and my magne-traction compare.

I have not been to Crotched yet this year, but I am trying to rally the troops here at work for Monday night. I skiied there last year at night and loved it since the place was empty. You are welcome to give my board a try, but the boot/binding setup is not something I would want to change on the mountain.

I couldn't find anywhere near here to try this stuff, so I just went for it and bought the gear. If you find yourself near Stratton VT, I think the Starting Gate shop (where I ordered my board) might demo stuff. Sean is a great guy and very helpful.

Bob K.

Hi Bob

I have a seasons pass at crotched and after this week they will only be open on the weekends so friday is the last night session during the week for the season and they will only be open on weekends from that point on. I live in Nashua and I will be heading to crotched tonight hopefully.

Chris