Note to New Members ×

Anyone ride at Tamarack?

Strider

Hello,

I am going to be going out to Tamarack next weekend to shoot some video and take some pictures for a manual I co-wrote for Special Olympics. We are going to get a free day of riding on Sat. and I was wondering if anyone has been there and what should I expect?

thanks,

Brett

Guest theduckllr

Big rollers, long runs, not much in the way of steeps, lots of mogul runs, limited tree access (compared to the rest of our local resorts), and good food in the temp lodge. You may leave the carving tool at home unless there is alot of fresh groom. (I always bring both) Right now they are BURIED in new POW with much more inbound. The Boarder park is huge so between it and 22ft deep superpipe: you will have no issues making your big air wetdreams come true. The top section of the mountain is full of designated as "Double Black Diamond expert only" runs that have 20'-50' drops. With this much powpow, and wind drifts that are massive to land on, just pretend that those are jumps and make short work of them with some stupid hang time. Have fun, go fast, and bring a parachute.:eplus2:

http://www.tamarackidaho.com/winter_adventure/skiing_and_snowboarding/the_mountain/index.php

I ride there quite often and as Andrew pointed out lots of rollers--If you bring a short board it can be fun w/ the excellent grooming they do. The food is top rate and lots of terain and pipe fun can be had. If you can you might want to get over to Brundage for the day (35mins) away. They have better pitchs and a few regular carvers on the mountain. Have fun. i've off to Utah for the week.

Thanks for the replies guys. Sounds like the best bet would be to explore on the all-mountain/freeride board since we only are going to have 1 free day. I have a seperated shoulder right now(hurts like hell) so I won't be hitting the park too much, but I like moguls so it sounds like I'll have plenty to look at.

Well,

We got a tour of the mountain by their corporate photographer (Sherri something) as we were looking for good places to shoot. The places we rode were great and I never waited in line. I really wanted to get off to the sides and the back at then top because that terrain looked awesome for freeriding. Unfortunately, we spent so much time doing the video shootrs that I only got 2 freeruns in the whole time. I think if it had new snow you'd never get bored looking for new stuff to ride, especially if you get out near the boundaries. The wider runs in the middle were fun on the carving board, but I was lawys stopping for the video camera so never really got to open it up. If I can find a decent flight price to Boise I will definitely try it out again if for no other reeason than there is really nobody there to worry about running in to :)