Note to New Members ×

Bogus Basin

Guest theduckllr

Guest theduckllr

I just wanted to share: Today I had the most epic powder day that I have ever had at Bogus Basin. I did 23k vertical on friday, 35k on Sunday, and God only knows how much today because we lost count. With a full 2 feet of new snow and literally no one on the mountain today, we cut fresh tracks again, again, and again. During the last storm there was some considerable wind. So this morning, when they finally opened up the gates to the backside of the mountain, there were huge drifts EVERYWHERE. I was the only snowboarder in a group of 7, but they were all pro skiers so I never had to wait. I rode my Burton Supermodel 174 rather than my carver for obvious reasons, but you guys certainly understand. I found knee deep face shots out in the trees, and all day long you could hear people squealing with delight. Every highspeed turn created a huge explosion of cold smoke. It really was incredible. We finished off the day with good food, beers, and a long skinnydip in the hot tub (sorry, no photos, my bad). May all your days be so good! I can't wait to see how awesome it is tomarrow! :D

Guest theduckllr

Yeah? Well, I've seen your brother in a mirrored thong, and your dad in BVDs... so that makes us even. :p (pictures available upon request) Besides, I've been working out.. I'm a sexy bitch!

Guest squat

I belive I passed you yesterday. It looked like you were calling it a day, or heading down for lunch (around 1 pm) and moving towards the lodge. Did some fat guy carrying a snowboard stop in his tracks and stare at you as he was walking up to the Morning Star chair? That would have been me.

Anyways..I found some of your carving tracks on Silver Queen. There was no mistaking where these trenches came from, very impressive and job well done.

I tried to retrace your tracks, i have a long way to go!

Enjoy the powder while its there, it's going to get warm this weekend.

Squat.

Guest theduckllr

I was wearing a carbon fiber full face MX helmet, so I'm easy to spot. If it wasn't me, I bet that was my buddy Dave who I saw up there also. Believe it or not, he is pretty new to bombing. He just started riding my old PJ7 in 2004 or so. I was on my Supermodel 174 all mountain, and he was riding a new Oxygen Proton that he just got last week. It's a cool board that I can't wait to try. My Burton Factory Prime is truely useless in the deep stuff so I don't bother with the carve boards on days like that. My buddy Millertyme is moving back ot Boise next month. He's a carve god from Park City Utah. I can't wait. I'm about to head out of Eagle at 5pm to teach a private lesson tonight. If you would like to come up with us or just meet us up there on the Coach lift, gimme a buzz because both of my trench cutters will just be sitting alone at home..

-A

Guest squat

Sorry I missed your posting last night, very kind of you to offer. I am trying to complete the setup of my carve board and discovered that catek's come in short and long plates (I learned this after the fact, it seems that I am learning everything after the fact). So just when I thought I had all the pieces ready to put together, once again I am on hold. While I am attempting to exchange the short plates for long plates I am almost tempted to mount my softies to my carve board just to get it on the snow. One of these days we'll meet up.

Until then, have a great weekend.

Squat

Guest theduckllr

They groomed nearly the entire front side today. I will be going up wednesday evening for a trenching session if you guys want to come play. :D

Guest theduckllr

Today was pretty damn cool. 2inches of freshies, a full groom on the front, sunshine, 40 degree temps, and hardly anyone there skiing. I cut trenches on Showcase and the bowl until 1 pm. It rocked! (for those of you that had to work: my condolances) :biggthump