Note to New Members ×

Concert connections

Chubz

seeking anyone who has connections for concert venues on the east coast. Tool is playing three locations here; Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ, Bryce Jordan in State College and Sovereign ctr., Reading in april. looking to score some good tix or even backstage passes. Pulling any stiring I can get my hands on.

Let me know

Does he still keep in touch with him. Their music has been such a cornerstone for me since the early 90's. The only band I have ever really followed. Chomping at the bit til each album came out, seen every tour. I dont go nuts with concert shirts and stuff like that, but their ability to remain non mainstream for as good as they are. Yea they get some recognition, but its not the garbage that is shoved down our throuats on free FM.

I hate that they are in arenas, but I take what I can get.

I first saw them in a heavy metal bar in Baltimore, stood on the bar, spitting distance from Maynard and armslength from steady beers. What a night. Fast forward to this past tour, absolute multimedia frenzy, but I knew things changed when my seat was in the highest nose bleed seat in the arena between a set of two compluter geeks and some douche bag wannabe who brought his college date with him and I had to listen to them make out until the show started. :barf::barf::barf: All under the age of 20.

sort of reminds me of looking at park punks on the slopes now. All dressed to the hilt because that is what the Flying Tomato is wearing in TWS, cant ride for dick, but it looks good. Where are you going with that back pack in Pennsylvania??? Oh I forgot our 1000' of vertical has the helipad and we are filming today. Shut up and learn to turn d#ck.

Anyway, back to TOOL, always been a dream to be able to sit in the studio for a day and watch the genius rear its beautiful head. MAYNARD is god!!!!!

To the point, I was going name my second boy after him,at least he got James as his middle name.

Thanks Willy, I hope your season is going well, a couple injuries here and some schitty snow, but getting some turns in.

Adios

PS Sweet f-ing website.

http://www.toolband.com/index_frames.html

the truth of the matter is that he tangled with the wrong boxer. Although the guy in question (some of you might have even seen him fight) is pretty old now (at least, he's not in his prime as boxers go), he obviously got the best of Danny when this all went down a couple of weeks ago. And, as is often the case with these things, a girl was involved. As it turns out, Danny's girlfriend happens to be very close to this guy, even having him move in with them. Still, everything was going just fine until the incident that resulted in the serious injury.

I meant to respond back last week,Chubz. Got sidetracked and got in some riding. Tweaked my back, I think it was the snowkiting.

In the meantime, I'll be rocking out to "Vicarious" and 10,000 days and danny's new stuff.......The Pigmy Love Circus

http://www.dannycarey.org/page2.html

http://www.gokartrecords.com/__IMAGE_DIR__/__MEDIA__/pigmy_love_circus-pistelero_sleep.mp3

http://www.pigmylovecircus.com/plcvideo.htm

http://vladik-c.mine.nu/MP3z/PigmyLoveCircus-FridayNightFights.mp3

Guest demonballer

Tool live is amazing!!!!!! I went when they came to colorado and it was the best show of my life. It was even better because I couldnt get a ticket ahead of time and I found a great ticket from scalpers that was right next to a group of friends in the 8th row. APC was great live to. Maynards dancing is pretty funny to watch and they were all dead on.

They have come back from the dead as far as shows go. Maynard is an unreal frontman and when he went into hiding sduring the last couple tours, I got pissed. this tour he is still a bit hidden , but combine the non-conformist gyrations he does during the show with the lighting and music........nothing better.

If you watch him and how he combines his movements with the music, it shouldnt be presented any other way. That is what I love about them. Even though I would never wanna see it happen, I think it would be funny as b*lls to see them perform at Superbowl half time, just to see the dropping jaws in the audience. Thank fully most people wouldnt "get it".

Most bands would have punked out by now (Hooker with a Penis- Track 5 aenima)and done some ballads, but I think 10,000 days has held them steady to the rhytmic heaviness they have carried over the years. All songs are different and that is what keeps me coming back to them. Even songs I dislike at first grow on me and I pick up on things that make it interesting for me.

Just glad they havent gone "FM Radio" and Casey Casum (sp?)

• 4 months later...
Tool live is amazing!!!!!! I went when they came to colorado and it was the best show of my life. It was even better because I couldnt get a ticket ahead of time and I found a great ticket from scalpers that was right next to a group of friends in the 8th row. APC was great live to. Maynards dancing is pretty funny to watch and they were all dead on.

yo Chubz, saw maynard and the boys a few weeks back and snapped some grainy pics/vids- great show !

post-123-141842233809_thumb.jpg

Saw them again in NJ boardwalk hall. Took a guy that I wakeboard with who is an avid guitar player. We paid heavy for the tix but great seats. Guy i went with said he would have paid 3 times what we did. he is still reeling about it.

Had a ticket to another show , but had to be out of town for work.

Currently working on my longboard skate decks and plan to do some custom models for each of them and ship them to them. Just looking for some good graphics to get burned onto the decks.

Hope the summer is going well.

decks look great !

Credulous at best your desire to believe in

Angels in the hearts of men

Pull your head on out

Your head believes it give a listen

Shouldn't have to say it all again

The universe is hostile

So impersonal

Devour to survive

So it is, so it's always been ...

Quoting my favorite lyrics of the CD. Great build up of intensity in that segment of the song. If that doesnt make you wanna knock stuff over I dont know what will.

Great Song.

And it typifies the existence of our current societal state of mind. Couch potatoes, feed me feed me, what is Paris doing, what is lindsey doing, what is blah blah b;lah doing. Makes me :barf::barf::barf:

Get off your a$$, get out an do something, to much to see, too much to do to much fun to be had. What does one care who Aniston is dating or whther BRad and Joile adopted another kid.

Live your own life and make something of it, phucking vegetables.

Just fed up with it.

WW not directed at you, just generally spewing

no couch for me, puts me to sleep...... :cool:

Who are you to wave your finger?

You must have been out your head

Eyehole deep in muddy waters

You practically raised the dead

Rob the grave to snow the cradle

Then burn the evidence down

Soapbox house of cards and glass so

Don't go tossin' your stones around

You must have been high