Note to New Members ×

Sun Peaks and Silver Star, BC

Guest gabrielo

Guest gabrielo

Just done two weeks in BC. Lots of top quality snow and impeccable grooming. Bought season pass at Silver Star, which has a little more variety.

At Sun Peaks there arer long, wide, avenues perfect for getting into an easy rhythm without picking up excess speed.

There are ski-in-ski-out hostels at both places. You don't need to get in your car twice a day.

I will be back up there starting around March 3.

Awaiting your arrival !

Bert

Guest gabrielo

Silver Star is awesome. I notice you are in Vernon. I hope you can come up and let me ride with you. I am still somewhat of a beginner. Am on an AXXIS 172.

Met a real nice fellow: Gustav, also from Vernon, on Friday. He rides a yellow Coiler.

Bert

Silver Star is awesome. I notice you are in Vernon. I hope you can come up and let me ride with you. I am still somewhat of a beginner. Am on an AXXIS 172.

Met a real nice fellow: Gustav, also from Vernon, on Friday. He rides a yellow Coiler.

Bert

What days are you coming back to SS???? Ive met Gustav and ridden with him a few times....

Guest gabrielo

Will let you know.

My ticket is also good for Big White. Is it worth going there for a few days?

Is there a way of predicting a few days ahead the likelyhood of the mountain being clear? People have mentioned frequent white-out conditions in which I do not want to ride.

Hi Bert, I'm pretty sure it's you I ran into at the hostel in Sun Peaks - with rthe American flag Axis? I was the other hardbooter riding the red Axxess and the white Blast. Glad to hear you had a good time at Silver Star, hopefully I'll run into you again soon!