Note to New Members ×

Rossi Mini

patmoore

Okay, it has nothing to do with hardboots but I had to encourage all of you to try the Rossignol Mini next time you have an urge to ride softboots. At only 121 cm it looks like a child's board but the stance is normal for an adult board. I got to demo one at Stratton last week and had a blast. As long as you can avoid the urge to look down (there's nothing there!) you can have a lot of fun with a very versatile machine. I successfully rode a box in the terrain park and did a lot a flat spins on a groomed cruiser. Riding switch was no problem although I had to rotate the bindings to about 30 degrees because my size 11s were giving me serious boot-out. I even got brave while doing a toe side carve and jumped into a 180 landing a carve riding switch.

It occurred to me that this might be the ideal board to introduce folks to snowboarding. It's a little like the old Graduated Length Method that skiers adopted several decades ago. Even my 54 year old wife is thinking about trying boarding again. Have any of you had a chance to ride one yet?