Note to New Members ×

Head Boots / Intec Heels

Mark Brown

So I'm checking my heel screws and something is not right. I tighten but the screws just turn? Stripped? I find out that what I thought were the equivalent of t-nuts are just some sort of threaded sleeve!?!?! Now I can't remove the screws as the sleeves just turn and I can't get a hold of them from inside the boot. Short of drilling out the screws anybody got any brilliant ideas?

Feeling kinda dumb at this point... I assume the proper installation steps are to remove the sleeves and replace them with the supplied t-nuts?

Well, if you gotta put t-nuts in there anyways, any chance you can latch on to the head of the screws and just pull the sleeve out?

Also, are the ends of the screw protruding through the end of the sleeve or is there some distance between the top of the sleeve and the end of the screw?

In that case I'd suggest drilling them out. Even though they'll probably want to spin as you drill them too.

You could try basically jamming a wedge between the sleeve and your boot, but in order to get some good enough grip you might verywell end up damaging your boots.