Note to New Members ×

Da U.P.

Carp

I'd love to meet up with some actual carvers, but unfortunately I can't. I'll be in the UP but not there. I'm goin up to Winter Carnival in Houghton and probably hit up Mt. Bohemia while we're there. I hope it's not as god-awful cold as it was last weekend/today.. (Saw -8F on the way to work this morning.)

Took them into Sun n Snow saturday morning. Even called to make sure they can do thermofit. Went in. Gave the girl (she was like 16) my liners and she took them to the back room, then Joe (the manager as far as I know, a real nice guy) came out and said they can't do those because they don't have an oven big enough, they only have the hose heaters. So I bought some bolts and came home to do it myself. I was nervous, but I read a whole lot before doing it. Did it up. I could probably wear them all day without even unbuckling them. I did the right first and was satisfied except my big toe kinda bumps the end. So then I put some packing on the end of my left big toe. My big toes both seem to hit the end equally. I must be at the end of the liners. Which seemed strange considering the shells seemed a little sloppy in the 2 finger test. But overall they're good. Not taking them to Bohemia though. Trees are a little tight (and snow is a little thin) for my new board.

Not taking them to Bohemia though. Trees are a little tight (and snow is a little thin) for my new board.

Yes... The snow is VERY THIN up there still... Some friends made the journey up the Keewanaw Friday and came back with a few nice shots on their rock skis.... Not sure how much snow they got over the weekend though....

Supposedly they have most of their runs open. The stuff in the trees are obviously lacking snow, but the bearden and the mining company runs shouldn't be too bad.

It's ok though cause it's lookin like we won't be packing the skis. Brother and his girlfriend aren't really up to it. Oh well.