Note to New Members ×

Whistler Expression Session (WES) 2007

BlueB

Ok rippers, Whistler Expression Session is set:

Sunday, 18th February 2007

8:30 for 9:00 am

Whistler Mountain

Light Board by Round House

“Home” run will be by Green Chair, that’s where we'll start and get back from time to time during the day.

Prior will have his demo tent by Round House with full fleet of Metals, WCRs, 4WDs, and ATVs for test rides. Metal will be next year’s model.

He’ll invite quite a few local hard booters.

Conditions at Whistler were awesome this whole year, and crowds apparently not too bad recently. Last year was great fun, so don’t miss it!

Express your interest here, so we all have the idea of numbers. It’s good to start planning the car pools, too.

Who’s bringing what board? It would be nice having the variety…

Rip-on!

I’ll keep this updated, from your replies and by replies from non-BOL riders.

Cypress crew:

Dave - Dave*, ATV 171, 4WD 179

Pierre, Swoard 168

Kevin - Tangaloor, Coiler AM 172

Boris - BlueB, Generics 170, Tanker 192, if pow 4807 178

Roy, Dynastar 3800 169, in carpool with Boris

Arthur, Stuf Accelerator 156, in carpool with Boris

Sarita, soft boots

Gary, to be confirmed, soft boots but you newer know (skier)

Sanyin, to be confirmed, soft boots this year - traitor ;)

Chris (former FIS racer), tiny chance

Kevin, soft booter (REALLY good carver), 50/50 chance

2 others considering their options

Grouse:

George - Crucible, Proton 164, Proton Titanal 172

Dave - MrRoboteye, Burner 188, FP 185

Ruwi, Hooger Booger Grinder 168

Ruwi's son, two planks

Dave Redworth, now confirmed

Whistler:

Chris Prior, demo fleet!

and local rippers

USA:

Hmmmm?

Other:

Tibor - Ktibor (Big White), making up his mind - C'mn Tibi we want you at Whistler

Boris,

Thanks for the invitaion, I will come with my 15 yr old son, He is a skier and will try to duped him into carving. I also invited Dave Redworth my office mate to come and have shown interest but will check with his work schedules and will cfm with me and will carpool together, otherwise me and my son will come. By the way will there be a showcase of hardboots a well, Dave is still looking for hardboots but will bring his old pair of ski boots in case.

Also hope you don't mind beginners like us. I have been riding at Grouse mostly in the early hours of the morning and most of the time riding alone. I hate the long lift line ups. By 1100 hrs, it really bad, that time I'm on my way out.

Ruwi

40 groomed runs, soft packed.

sub_grooming1.jpg

1' of new snow over past few days. :) + awsome conditions on forcast:

Saturday.. Periods Of Snow.

Snowfall Accumulation 10 To 15 Cm.

Freezing Level 1500 Metres.

Sunday.. Flurries.

Snowfall Accumulation 2 To 4 Cm.

Freezing Level 800 Metres.

Monday.. Periods Of Snow.

Freezing Level 1000 Metres.

But then, if one of the systems is late or early, it might end up as pow day...

Still good in my books ;)

40 groomed runs, soft packed.

sub_grooming1.jpg

1' of new snow over past few days. :) + awsome conditions on forcast:

Saturday.. Periods Of Snow.

Freezing Level 1500 Metres.

Sunday.. Flurries.

Snowfall Accumulation 2 To 4 Cm.

Freezing Level 800 Metres.

Monday.. Periods Of Snow.

Freezing Level 1000 Metres.

But then, if one of the systems is late or early, it might end up as pow day...

Still good in my books ;)

WISH you guys would quit teasing me! Wish I could get away

I just looked at whistlerblackcomb.com, and it gonna snow heavy tonite, and continue to snow throughout Sunday, so I'm ditchin' the burner and the 185fp and just bringing my ultra prime 162. Sorry to all who wanted to try a (pretty) long board, but the conditions will not favor it.

later,

Dave R.

I dissagree. From forcast page:

Whistler - Blackcomb.

Tonight..Snow Heavy At Times.

Alpine Low Minus 6.

Freezing Level Near Valley Bottom.

Mountain Top Winds Southwest 50 Km/H Gusting To 70.

Sunday..Flurries.

Alpine High Minus 5.

Snowfall Accumulation Trace To 2 Cm.

Freezing Level Near Valley Bottom.

Mountain Top Winds Southwest 30 Km/H.

2 cm on forcast for Sunday wont change the things much if they groomed all that pow from tonight.

Last year we had similar scenario and conditions were to die for - hero soft pack, immaculate grooming. It bumped up a bit later in the day, but not much...

On my side Tanker 192 is making the trip, the beast can handle any conditions. Then a carver, probably Generics. I still have to decide if I should bring a pow board, 4807 or 3800, just in case it caried on snowing heavily through out Sunday ;)

Boris

PS George, any other guys (non-listed) from Grouse joining in? Jason (Victory)?

Ok, another day of great fun is behind us...

Conditions were marginal for carving - lots of snow from last night made for really soft groom in the morning and bumpy later, with ice on lower elevations. AM boards were the weapon for the day. Big crowds too (we forgot about long weekend in US)...

Less riders showed up, than the original count was... Usual suspects from Cypress and Grouse + few keen newcommers - no show from Whistler locals.

Even with the smaller group, we manged to get separated, with few ending on their own. Fresh snow does strange things to the mind - who stays behind, gets left behind. Somehow we gathered into 2 groups again for afternoons ride.

Roy survived everything, including the ride out (his #4 day on snow ever, on hard boots from day 1).

Sarita is on her way to conversion to the Dark Side.

No casualties, except for me slipping (again!?!) in the parking lot...

Well, thanks to everyone who showed up, great fun riding with you guys.

Boris

Well, they say that all bets are off on a powder day, and yesterday's WES was no exception.

I spent the early morning with Kevin, and the two Dave's, and once we got off the Peak chair to do a Peak to creek run, I lost EVERYONE.

It was interesting cruising through 9" to 12" of powder and trees on an 164 Oxygen Proton, I'm still feeling the back leg burn this morning. It makes me even more keen to get a Prior 169 4WD now. It was very cool to meet Chris Prior too.

It was good to rip with you guys though, no matter how fleeting the time.

4 carving boards together got some interesting sideways glances in the liftlines....

Sorry we lost you George, we waited at top of million dollar trees for quite a while for you, I hope you got into the same area as the powder was SWEET, I do believe Mr Roboteye aka Crazy Dave was envious of my ATV in there, he didnt have much float on the little 64 factory prime, you also missed out on the Dusty's lunch.

I must say off piste was the place to be yesterday, just needed to weaponry to deal with it.

There seemed to be a lot of powder in some of my usual old migratory pathways,

Next one we need to check american holiday schedule, crowds were a bit nutty.

Dave*

Yeah, the trees are not my first choice on an ultra prime 62, but I made the best of it. Wrong board, wrong stance, wrong terrain, wrong rider :freak3: Sorry to keep you waiting Dave*. The best run I had was the last one. It was good to meet everyone, even if it was for only a short time.

later,

Dave R.

I had a blast, I was so glad I joined you guys. Funny that everyone lost each other's company but hey everybody was happy. Harmony stalled on me, sorry guys to keep you(especially Kevin) waiting, eventually Boris told me it completely stopped, we met later by the cat trail and rode to mid station. The crowd was too much, had lunch at Roundhouse, Kevin later joined and did few more runs at the Emerald. As usual those surprising comments from audience, What those boards? We ended up educating them what is it all about.

BR/ruwi