Note to New Members ×

Whiteface on Friday

jtslalom

I will be riding Whiteface on Friday 2/1. I'm hoping to see the likes of Sict2 or maybe some other hard booters up there. The last time I was there I talked to a guy named Rich who used to ride with Will Garrow. I rode with him for half a run in the late 90's. I've seen alot of good riders in my life but none as fast as Rich (maybe Will garrow). His carving was impressive but it was the speed at which he did it with that made it unbelievable. In transition the guy would catch 75 feet to maybe 100 feet of air and almost go off the slope by what seemed to be inches. Just before disaster would happen he would dive into a turn and totally lay a tight pencil carve shredding the side of the trail. This would be repeated for a couple of huge GS turns until he reached the bottom. I mean mach 5 speeds. Totally amazing and something that has to be seen for your self to appreciate. Hope I run into him again.