Note to New Members ×

Stepins revisited

Gecko

The nice thing about being across the state from Catek is that my order arrived today....installation was easy enough, I know have a box of standard parts on the shelf. ...Oh yes and the "Bond factor" is very cool, I must have stepped in and out of my rear a half a dozen times just to just to do it.

Gecko,

Also consider a little Bomber Butter (or equivalent) on your bindings each morning. It keeps the 'scrape factor' lower compaired to dry click-ins.

Gecko,

Also consider a little Bomber Butter (or equivalent) on your bindings each morning. It keeps the 'scrape factor' lower compaired to dry click-ins.

Bomber Butter arrived today which is really impressive considering that it came from across the country and got here only one day slower than from across the state.

:1luvu::1luvu: I can't believe how totally cool step-ins are :1luvu: After a bit of apprehension on my first two runs adjusting to the stiffer interface they provide I started to loosen up and let the board run. Wow talk about fun :1luvu: turns were a thought away, little initiation was required just think and go. One thing I did notice was that even when I got a bit behind my turn I was able to pull back in which I could never do with standard bindings. I was 4-5 runs in when I ran into Andrew (xxguitarist) I hope my lapping to music wasn't too rude, tonight was the most fun I've had in a while, we chatted a few times on the lift up and I watched him come down a few times as well. I see the makings of a good carver in him (really smooth for riding rental gear). There is only one downside to intecs as I see it and that's that as your legs go away, more care must be taken when riding as they are not as forgiving of mistakes as standards are, but I can live with that

:1luvu: :1luvu: I can't believe how totally cool step-ins are :1luvu: After a bit of apprehension on my first two runs adjusting to the stiffer interface they provide I started to loosen up and let the board run. Wow talk about fun :1luvu: turns were a thought away, little initiation was required just think and go. One thing I did notice was that even when I got a bit behind my turn I was able to pull back in which I could never do with standard bindings. I was 4-5 runs in when I ran into Andrew (xxguitarist) I hope my lapping to music wasn't too rude, tonight was the most fun I've had in a while, we chatted a few times on the lift up and I watched him come down a few times as well. I see the makings of a good carver in him (really smooth for riding rental gear). There is only one downside to intecs as I see it and that's that as your legs go away, more care must be taken when riding as they are not as forgiving of mistakes as standards are, but I can live with that

no worries about the music, and thanks for the compliments.

quite jealous of your setup :biggthump

can't wait to have something carving-oriented myself...

btw, next thurs is the last night for the deal.

[edit]

oh, and i worked on that whole facing somewhat forwards deal.. it wasnt working that well for me with the standard binding angles... but thanks for the tips!