Note to New Members ×

Jackson Hole IASF World Championships

Blackbird

Ok....

From the 24th February,to the 2nd of March 2007 The International Airlines Ski Federation (IASF) is has organised our (Airline employees) 47th Annual World Airline Ski Championships..(WASC)

As well as our skiing brethren.. carvers/racers from around the world are going to converge on JH in the Fair State of Wyoming for 1 solid week of Mayhem...:ices_ange

This is going to be my First Ever trip to the US of A and MAN am I looking forward to it:D :D :D :D

Last year it was held in Schladming Austria.. (Blue Tomato is a great way to spend ALL your money BTW)

There was at the very least 30 carvers both male and female from around the globe.

This trend I hope is blown away as I'm hoping many... many carvers from the States come to this event as it's going to be huge to say the least!

So my BOL friends... I sincerely hope to see a few of you there.

So far I know two BOL members that are going and I hope more of you can make the trip.

It would totally rock to be able to share some runs and a "few" drinks afterwards! :barf:

I'll be staying at the Snow King Resort with the Australian Team, Amongst others..(I'll prolly be the only Aussie carver too... (again!!):freak3:

Just look for the rider with the cammo gear, black helmet and white spy goggles and the big dumb grin.. And if you do.....yell out "Steve !!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Pray for snow!! I know I am!!

Guest shrederjen

You know that I will be there!!

Ill be in my blue AA jacket on my Madd 170...

or maybe the Purple Axxess (if its ready) and if the Pow is flowing...

I will also, be at the Snowking, Sun - Thurs.

Not sure yet where I will be before or after the meet, but I do want to

get there early and leave late!!

You know, I think we can ride at night at Snow King...... :)

You know that I will be there!!

Ill be in my blue AA jacket on my Madd 170...

or maybe the Purple Axxess (if its ready) and if the Pow is flowing...

I will also, be at the Snowking, Sun - Thurs.

Not sure yet where I will be before or after the meet, but I do want to

get there early and leave late!!

You know, I think we can ride at night at Snow King...... :)

Good stuff Shrederjen... i know you're coming.. i think Tim Tuthill is too but he's away at the moment so he should know in the next week or so..

I'm there from Sat night till friday morning!!

Night boarding!!! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!:biggthump

I can't wait.....

Here's a pic of the main range with some snow. The other pic that was posted is a fall pic of Mt Moran @ Oxbow Bend further north along the range in the Grand Teton National Park.

I'll be there the same week as well, but visiting family. I'm also staying at Snow King. Pretty sure you can ski Snow King with just your room key. It's steep!!! Night boarding???....Save your energy for the Village or Targhee and spend your nights boozing. :eplus2: There are lots of great restaurants & bars in town. Since I'm doing the family thing, I'm not sure if I'll be able to break away from the clan. But, I'll be riding a Coiler All-Mt. black/red tribal so if you see me on the hill say hey. I'll probably be spending some quality time (lunch & apres) hanging at the VC (Village Cafe) over by the ex-Tram. Most of the mountain is pretty intense, but there are some great carving trails on the Casper & Apres Vous side.

post-580-141842228256_thumb.jpg

Casper is where the PGS is held... or so they tell us anyways...

Good thing I'm bringing a freerider and the racer.... from what everyones been telling me and the pics I've been seeing it does look intense....

Hopefully see you around the MTN...

Cheers

PS: I love the way you said to spend your nights boozing.... hmmm don't mind if I do!!! :biggthump

pray for snow, it hasn't snowed in a month. the best run at the village for carving is under the CASPER chair on "liftline" and "easy does it". we have had great carving here until last week when the temp. finally rose above 32f and the snow turned to ice. so far this year no liftlines, have not stood in line once. look for me on liftline, i wear white pants and red jacket,helmet and the old f2 beamer. rip it up!

• 3 weeks later...
bring the pow board. foot and a half of fresh this week and snow showers forecasted for all of next week. conditions should be great!! :biggthump I'm hoping for 2-3 days at JH and 1 day at Targhee. when are your races?

I've been watching the snow report closely few the last few weeks....

The pow board is packed and ready to rip...

Training is on Sunday 1-3pm and Monday 10am to noon

Qualifications are on the monday... 1-3pm

If I make the finals they are on Wednesday from 1pm

I'm buzzing to go..... can't wait!!!

Guest shrederjen

I, too, will be on the hill Sunday - Wed.

Practice Sunday and Monday, play Tuesday and

HOPEFULLY, race Wed!!!

I am renting a car, so I can have my board stash, readily available..... Hope to figure out how to best utilize the new Axxess in pow!! Give a shout if ya see me out there!! Bright blue jacket and Ill probably be on the Madd or my Purple Axxess.

Jen

I'll keep an eye out for ya Jen!!

I'll be wearing cammo pants and jacket....(last years Burton gear) black helmet and white spy goggles.. just look for the Qantas people.... :smashfrea we'll be the noisy ones...:biggthump

I'm sure we'll bump into each other... we're staying at the same resort....

If the snow keeps up we'll be racing with our pow boards :eplus2:

Should be interesting...... should be at the Snow King by 4 pm Sat

See ya there!!!!!

Guest Tim Tuthill

Steve: Your bails will get to you!! Yipeeee!!! They will be there on Tuesday by FED EX. Amy the afternoon desk manager will have them. I will call you Sat around 6 pm

Guest shrederjen

Plenty of new snow all week in Jackson!

Very fun conditions to ride in.

Races were fun!

Favorite carving runs were over right side of the mountain.

'Why Not' Lift???

Most fun run (on plates) was taking the Madd into 2 feet of pow down Ampitheater! Spent all morning Tuesday on softboots in Rendezvous Bowl.

Was fun meeting up, Blackbird!

J

Plenty of new snow all week in Jackson!

Very fun conditions to ride in.

Races were fun!

Favorite carving runs were over right side of the mountain.

'Why Not' Lift???

Most fun run (on plates) was taking the Madd into 2 feet of pow down Ampitheater! Spent all morning Tuesday on softboots in Rendezvous Bowl.

Was fun meeting up, Blackbird!

J

What an AMAZING week!!

Was great to finally meet you Jen.... How great were the parties!!! LOL

I have never seen a mountain with as much terrain (Varied) in my entire life...I instantly fell in love....!!

That was my first trip to the USA and all I can say is you guys ROCK !!!

I have never seen such politeness, courtesy, and respect in any place I have ever been too.... every American I spoke to was so friendly, and very outgoing!!! I felt very moved by your attitudes toward visitors to your Country. I didn't think that kind of attitude existed still anywhere.

And America is such a beautiful place...

I finally understand why The American people are so proud of their Nation... And Rightly So.... !!!!!!

It's such a shame the trip had to come to an end....

I will be back!!!!!

I spent most of the week on my softy as I chickened out from all that fresh snow.... but when the racer came out it was well worth the wait for the conditions to harden slightly.....

What can I say... Jackson Hole is my #1 place in the world now.....

I'll have to compile and filter out all my pics and I'll post a couple over the next few days!!

Steve: Your bails will get to you!! Yipeeee!!! They will be there on Tuesday by FED EX. Amy the afternoon desk manager will have them. I will call you Sat around 6 pm

Thanks again Tim!!

It was great to finally talk to ya while I was over in JH...

I gave your hello message to J-Bird.... He's a great guy too... had many a laugh on the mountain!!

Though... I'm very envious of his quiver....

I wish I was still there..... what a mountain...:1luvu: :1luvu: :1luvu: