Note to New Members ×

Searchmont

pebu

So I ended up with 4 free tickets to Searchmont that need to be used up by march 18th I think it was... We've always wanted to get up there and now we have a reason to. When are good weekends to go up there and when are weekends to avoid? We looked at the searchmont calender and we're kinda thinking the 23/24/25th weekend to get up there. Lemme know, thanks

Ben

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, evidently nobody here gets to Searchmont, which is a shame, cause it seemed like quite a nice little resort to me. We got there early in the morning and we were the second closest car in the parking lot. The lifts are fairly fast and for the most part, comfy.

The first run down... We took the widest, easiest looking run to warm up. Oh my goodness, I don't think I took a breath the whole way down. When I got to the bottom I'm pretty sure I had wood.

From there we started exploring the mountain. Everything else was steeper. I scared the **** out of myself on my carvin board. I wasn't having fun. So I eventually switched to my soft boots and other board. Oh, man, it was a blast again. There were some powdery runs, there were steeps. The snow was holding up awesome. Then my skiing friends demoed some skis. They were sl skis, so they wanted to stay on that easy and wide hill. So I switched back to my hardboots. Oh my gosh, we carved down that mountain for the rest of the day. It was amazing. There were some times that I scared myself even on that run, but I just kind of threw my waist towards the snow even more and... it's hard to explain... I know what they mean by "commit" now... It's kinda like... If my board doesn't do what I want it to do... chances are I'll be using this helmet I bought... Oh well... Next thing you know, your board does what you want... It's a good feeling...

Anyways, the hills are pretty nice. The accomadations are pretty nice. The snow held up awesomely and we couldn't have asked for a nicer day.

It's only 750 vertical feet, so some of you might not like it, but it's alot better than the 350 I'm used to. It's nice to be able to make more than 2 turns down a hill.

Anyhoo, the past has been both a review of the resort AND my own revelation to carving. Take from it what you will.

By the way, I did see at least one other carver there. Never got the chance to talk to him though.