Note to New Members ×

Question on edge hold

carvin29

So I got a new T6 this season, 164. Its a nice board, I've had alot of fun with it, its fast and carves good. But one thing I've been disappointed with is the edgehold on ice. I had thought with the "Pressure Distribution Edges" it would cut right through ice but it doesn't. Am I expecting too much?

how does the Donek Incline perfrom on ice? I tried the magnetraction with softies but folded the nose up a little too much for my liking.the newer ones may be stiffer like the Dark series .but they do carve well....i like the dimensions of the Donek Incline 155 but hesitate to shell out the bucks for something I cant demo?.....(catek freerides and SolomonMalamutes)

I really like the looks lof the Surf design on the clear topsheet.....sweet :biggthump

Guest shrederjen

I watched a good snowboarder on a T-6 with Drivers ALMOST beat a hardbooter in a timed snowboard race, last week.... Granted, the course was not icy, but. It is a board I would like to try.

how does the Donek Incline perfrom on ice?

If you consider the Sasquatch to be the same board as the Incline (which it is - just wider), then I can tell you that it is near perfect on ice. I have the 170 and it is one of the most stable and predictable freeride boards that I have ridden.

I took the T6 (164) out for a demo ride today - just transfered my hardboot set-up to the board keeping all of my normal angles. I thought it was awful on ice, no tail. Brought it back to the Burton tent and they put a quick tune on the thing and it made a world of difference.

I do think the board is too soft for speed in hardboots, but it would make a nice cruiser for when condition are sloppy, bumpy, and/or crowded

I know people who rip on ice with that board.

Technique maybe?

Ditto, I notice when I get lazy and am too straight legged when on ice I skid more than I like. But if I put conscious effort to bend knees and crouch slightly the edge bites instantly...like trying to pressure the edge via my shins instead of toes. I think this just realigns my COG more inline with the edge rather than aligning it away from the edge (to the inside). I don't know...maybe I'm just remedial.

J

If you consider the Sasquatch to be the same board as the Incline (which it is - just wider), then I can tell you that it is near perfect on ice. I have the 170 and it is one of the most stable and predictable freeride boards that I have ridden.

Is it light? and how were transitions and edging with your size...which is? I have 12.5's and am worried it may be to much width. I assume since it's a Sasquatch you don't ride plates with it.

J

Is it light?

Light enough - IMO.

and how were transitions and edging with your size...which is?

5' 18" tall, 230 lbs. +/-, size 15's. Transitions are a little slow, but I am a little slow and doppy myself.

I have 12.5's and am worried it may be to much width. I assume since it's a Sasquatch you don't ride plates with it.

No, I don't ride plates with it, and yes, it is too much width (IMO). If I were to do it again, I would get the wide, and I WOULD do it again. I have tried many boards now with 27 - 28cm waists and I have come to believe that it is just not for me. Edge to edge is noticably slower, but where I really dislike them is in the bumps. They are just too wide. I would say that I am a pretty good bump rider, but when I am on boards this wide, they tend to catch edges in the troughs. They just don't fit down there! I have decided that 25.5 cm - 26.5 cm waists are where I want to be for softies. That means high angles, but I am used to it by now, so that does not bother me. Of course, with size 15's, even on the Sasquatch, I cannot get less that 33 degrees on either foot.

Definitely look into the Wide. The construction and ride of these boards is amazing.