Note to New Members ×

Illinois/Wisconsin boarders

Guest Roach

I will be out at Cascade on Saturday 21st and Tyrol Basin on Sunday 22nd. Anybody else going to be out there? I would love to ride with some other hardbooters. I haven't gotten to ride with more than one other hardbooter at a time for years.

Erich

Originally posted by Roach

Yes, you have to deal with us FIBs on the weekends at Cascade.:D

The best ever was a poor little girl who had to use the restroom while waiting in line at the quad:

little girl: "I have to pee..."

Dad (complete with Bears starter jacket): "I didn't pay 40 bucks so you could go to the bathroom."

He just stood there -- Poor little girl had to ride up and back down to go tinkle.... I'm sure she'll want to go skiing with Dad "real soon." LOL

Originally posted by rather_wakeboard

sure it's fun, until someone (who may or may not be from IL) bombs the run out of control and clocks you from behind cuz people uphill have the right away.

Actually being from MN my beef is with those from IA, I actually got nothing against FIBs. :)

I still have the mitten that was cut by the skiier who did just that to me last time I was there....

I love all the questions of "What is that?" I have gotten sick of answering, its a snowboard and I have started to make things up.:p

Anybody know how the boardercross course at Tyrol is? I am thinking about running it on my raceboard.

yea, It's fun to play mind games with park monkeys. It's even better to see the looks on their faces when I take my FP into the park, hit a jump, then lay down some carves right after landing. The one kid even accused me of "tearing up the park". I love the wanna-be's from Illinois. And to think I used to be like them at one time :rolleyes: .

I'll be at Tyrol on Sunday, as will a number of other hardbooters. I'll most likely be on a Volant Excel (stainless-steel topsheet) and wearing a brown jacket.

I don't know about boardercross; is there a USASA race there on Sunday? I've never ridden it, but it usually consists of a few rollers followed by a big jump, then a few banks.

I'll be running the NASTAR course, which should start at around 10am. Seven bucks to run as many runs as you want (wheras it's $50 to join USASA, plus entry fee)

I'll also have a cast on my left wrist - I hit a gate this past Sunday and broke some bone in there. I'm getting a cast this afternoon. Didn't stop me from racing for Monday Night Race League, though. =)

There should be a good crew of Hardbooters at tyrol on Sunday. There's a pretty loyal following for the NASTAR racing. I'd love to ride with some new people too, but I'll be up at Granite PEak volunteering for Special Olympics this weekend. Be sure to post if you're gonna ride at Tyrol again as its my home hill :)

Cool. Glad that there will be other hardbooters there. I will be there on Sunday, most likely wearing a red, white, and black Spider jacket and I ride a Volkl Renntiger (black board with flaming cat skeleton on top sheet).:D