Note to New Members ×

Need opinions on Board

Guest mmcolorado

Guest mmcolorado

Hey everyone, new guy here, looking for some expert advise. I'm 6"2 200lbs size 12 boot. Tried to buy a couple boards in here, everyone was real honest that their board might not be the best fit for me even if they could have sold it. For that I'm gratefull. I've riden the same Nitro Davis for 12 years and love it, but I'm ready for a change. I don't know the difference between Bx, all mountain, all that good stuff. I just know I like flyin down hill, cuttin up. alot of powder and back country stuff. I've looked at the F2 Eliminator, Elan Ascent, and Burton Baron all because they are a wider type board. Any advise on these boards or any other board would be appreciated. I know I'm new to Bomber but everyone was at one time.

Thanks,

Mattman

You are covering a lot of ground with this post. We need to know preferred stance what you expect the board to do etc etc. Big difference between a powder board and a GS board. I am guessing but it sounds like an all mountain board might be what you are looking for? Something directional that will carve but is wide enough to go out in the trees etc. You also haven't said anything about boot preferences hard or soft etc

Guest mmcolorado
You are covering a lot of ground with this post. We need to know preferred stance what you expect the board to do etc etc. Big difference between a powder board and a GS board. I am guessing but it sounds like an all mountain board might be what you are looking for? Something directional that will carve but is wide enough to go out in the trees etc. You also haven't said anything about boot preferences hard or soft etc

Hey Dr. D

I ride goofy, I've always used a soft boot setup. To be honest I don't know much about hard boots, therefore don't know the advantages or disadvantages.

I've had people tell me that if I go with Hrd boots I could go with a little narrower board. I get the oppurtunity with my job to snowcat into a lot of backcountry. A lot of steep descents and powder.

Mattman

Guest demonballer

Im your same height and about the same weight too but my feet are size 13. I use a ride yukon for my soft boot board. It is a great board because it carves pretty good for a freeride board, it can take a beating (all those damn tree stumps hidding underneath the powder), and its made for wide feet. It is just a wide foot version of the ride timeless. I really love the board and it rides powder like a dream while still being able to carve pretty great. It also is amazing to ride on choppy snow because it just powers through everything. I definately recommend the ride yukon for you in your situation. I have a 163 and it still handles great in the trees without sacrificing much float on powder.

The Donek Wide and Never Summer Titan would be good. Both are stiff in the longer lengths. Do a search on this website. The Donek is more piste-oriented, but it is light. The Never Summer would have a damper feel to it.

My brother had a Yukon a few years back, and I think it was a bit burlier than the Timeless.

Guest mmcolorado

thanks BD, My brother in law is pushin me hard to that never summer. Every one in here seems to be of fan of Donek. I'm havin a hell of a time makin a decision.

Mattman

Guest demonballer

both a never summer and doneks are made in colorado too. Its always good to support your states economy. You shoul just print out picture of the boards you are looking at, put them on a wall and close your eyes and throw a dart to choose.

Guest mmcolorado

Well, I might be able to narrow down the dart targets. I don't think I'm going to get the Yukon for what I thought, I've tried to buy a Baron on this site, but I can't get an answer on price for some reason. Used Donek seems hard to find.

Looks like its me and my Nitro!! I did some research on the Donek, anyone no how long it takes Donek to custom make them??