Note to New Members ×

Ride Report, 01/09/07, Snow Summit

AaronG

DEcided to hit up Summit today, thought D-sub would be joining me but he couldn't make it, oh well, there is always next time. Unless he moves before then.

Got to the parking lot around 7:45, changed and was standing waiting for the lifts to open.

The crowds were non-existent today, nobody was there. Snow quality was very good as long as you stayed off of Westridge, there it is was just slightly softer than bulletproof. Everywhere else the carving was epic!! I met a few hardbooters up there, Ian from Santa Monica area. I offered some tips to him and told him to join here. I rode Miracle Mile most of the time and then zipped over to Chair 7 for a few more runs, I should've spent all my time there, the snow was wonderful.

I am planning on going again next week also, possibly the same day if anyone is interested.

awesome :biggthump:biggthump

chair 7 and 10 is what it's all about. No lines over on that side, and lots of blue runs to pick from. website said they opened up more blacks and a few double blacks, stuff i'll be avoiding while i learn the carvin in HBs.

glad you had a good day.

i'm gonna have my ankle x-rayed tomorrow to make sure it's not a talus fracture.

Guest StonedRider

What color board were you riding? I saw 2 people with slalom boards, a white board and a black board that looked pretty short.

I was up there on Monday, I was wearing a black sweater and a headband with the colors of the Italian flag.

Guest StonedRider

Yeah, I was only up there on Monday and then today(Wed). I saw 2 geezers with slalom boards on Chair 4 @ Bear today. I tried to get their attention but they were :argue: eachother.