Note to New Members ×

TD2i trouble

gl0om

Well hi everybody, it's my 1st message.

So i've got a trouble with my TD2i + raichle 323.

I can't tune bindings properly.

When I strongly pull boot's toecap, a gap appears between sole block and boot's toecap.

I twisted toe bail into lugs to the limit, i pushed together sole block and heel receiver so that it's hard to fit boot's intek heel into heel reciever. But it didn't fix the gap.

Is this gap is dangerous for me? How can i fix it? Maybe my boots are too soft for TD2i?

post-3730-141842223767_thumb.gif

There's something wrong with your adjustment procedure. From your pictures it looks like you are 1 or 2 holes too long between your heel and toe receivers. Start out by screwing your toe bails all the way into the lugs then back them out 1 1/2 to 2 turns on both sides, this leaves just enough for future adjustments. Shove the toes of your boots into the toe bail and then press the heels down into the receivers. The tabs on the sides of the heels should ride the ramps on the front of receivers, pushing the toes firmly into the toe bails. Adjust the toe and heel blocks on the plates until your boots are centered on the board and it takes 20 or 30 pounds of pressure to make the heel buttons pop into the receivers. After a couple of runs you'll want to use up some of that 1 1/2 to 2 turns in your bails to snug them back up.

You'll notice that the holes in the heel receiver are actually oval, but the pins in your boot heel are round. I've found I get the best fit when the pins are all the way <i>forward</i> in the receiver holes, when clicked in. You'll probably have to fiddle with the micro-adjustment by threading/unthreading the toe bail in/out of the shoulder lugs:

photo_setup_lug.jpg

If you start to see threads, as in the picture above, you've gone too far.

YMMV.

I tried all ways to fix the gap. I played with toe bail and lugs, I moved forward and backward toe and heel recievers without success =(

But thanks for idea, i'll try to fit pins forward in the reciever holes! Maybe this'll help me.

Now i've got a feeling that my boot is bending because of short space between heel and toe recievers

I ride in a pair of SB 413's which are softer than your boots and don't have this problem. So I doubt it has anything to do with boot stiffness. My boots would do this when I was in the process of setting them up and they weren't tight enough. Once adjusted properly it doesn't happen. My boots are size 29 and provide a pretty big lever to pull up on the toe bail but no gap opens up. What size boots are you riding? Maybe they are too small and you need to flip the toe blocks around to shorten the length. Here's the Link

Well, I was doubting about my UPZ and Intec TD2 but SUDDENLY I received several instructions about how to solve my problems.

I can bet on the fact that it's just a problem of setup. Sometimes, you need to push really hard the boot's heel in order to lock the intec system but, once locked, there's an absolutely wonderful grip.

Put pressure with your hands while trying to lock the boot being on the table of your dining room: think that you will be on the boot with all of your weight.

:-)