Note to New Members ×

A quick thanks.

MUD

Hi All,

I just wanted to say thanks. A few weeks ago I was wondering if I was wasting my time/money with my alpine setup. After some of your very good suggestions I am looking at it with a new light.

The biggest improvement was running my front foot relatively flat, before it felt like I was just riding the board. NOW it feels like I can really drive it much more, it is much more fun to play around on now.

Next up is a new pair of boots (next season though) with a little more flex.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks.

hey do tell! KTM what model?

Im eyeballing husqvarna te250 or ktm 300 xc-w.

06' 400EXC...... I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Those 2 bikes are quite a bit different. Have you checked out the 250XCW, a buddy I ride with down here has one and it is like a 300 with less vibes. HUGE improvement over my 03 250.

The TE250 is a nice bike, but it is a 250 (quite a bit more mellow than a 300)........ But ya gotta love the street legal part!!!!

I went with the 400 cause I am around 225 geared up and ride in Ohio single track with mud. It is the perfect bike for what I ride, very smooth and easy to throw around.

What kind of riding will you be doing, where?

Maybe we should move this to OT.

well, the ktm 300 xc-w would suit me fine for hare&hound scramble type of race. tho the te250's nice for street legal cuz i can use it to go to work, via the backroads out in grand junction in summer time. currently, i got an '01 husqvarna cr250. its real gnarly. shaved head, with higher compression as well as a bit of filing on the carb parts. its real super fast. first bike too. so now im so used to it and i like it. thought of getting te250 so i can use it for contingency if i win a coupe of races, tho ktm pays more. another postitive thing about ktm is no linkage in the rear while husky's got one. its a bit of a bitch to take care of the linkage if something goes wrong with it esp by the fact i go super fast. i do single tracks out here in CO as well as Utah. :) Im sure we'll touch back on this topic again when spring/summer rolls in. :) i may go for a couple of WORCS races, tho im a bit intimidated by it by my experience last summer.

06' 400EXC...... I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Those 2 bikes are quite a bit different. Have you checked out the 250XCW, a buddy I ride with down here has one and it is like a 300 with less vibes. HUGE improvement over my 03 250.

The TE250 is a nice bike, but it is a 250 (quite a bit more mellow than a 300)........ But ya gotta love the street legal part!!!!

I went with the 400 cause I am around 225 geared up and ride in Ohio single track with mud. It is the perfect bike for what I ride, very smooth and easy to throw around.

What kind of riding will you be doing, where?

Maybe we should move this to OT.

my bad, primus it is.

right on, Doug. Stick with the carving. if you like woods bikes you'll love carving at speed. Since we're OT with primus and ktm's.

They had robbie merrill,the bass player from Godsmack on "The Mad Fisherman" last sunday and he's got a mad dirtbike track at his house in New Hampshire, lots of woods trails. Really great show and they only fished for 5 minutes.Sully showed up and they shot machine guns at a shooting range, too. Charlie Moore is a complete goofball and has some great guests. Can you name this guy, the big guy on the right ? hint: new england patriots.

OOT,those new 400EXCs sound awesome, got any pics ? my buddy just got a 07 525 EXC, sick bike !

post-123-141842223629_thumb.jpg

post-123-14184222363_thumb.jpg

What were your bindings set at before?

I had quite a bit of toe lift going. It worked pretty well on my Rossi 168 VAS, helped to not fold the nose. I guess it didn't work on my Donek, I didn't realize it could be board specific.

Now I run a little bit of toe lift, very little. I find it much more "active" with my Donek, I can load up the nose, or not. MUCH more fun, makes it easier to ride in variable conditions as well.

Cool Pic Lee.

I think coming from your cr250 you would find the TE250 a little dull. Very ridable, but you kind of have to ride them like a 125 to get them to go FAST..... I was thinking of picking one up for my Wife, but the 250XCFW is calling to me. Mind you, I am not looking for street legal.