Note to New Members ×

Td2 question

P06781

I have a set of old at boots (nordica tr9) that I use on skiis when teaching my 2 young daughters. I got a set of used td2 standard bails to set up one board for a quick switch for a few snowboard runs. The problem is that the front bail wont fit over the boots (boots too wide). I read somewhere about switching out the shoulder bolts to a longer one to gain a 1cm. I cant find that thread anymore. Does anyone know what part to buy and/or how to do this.

Jim

post-219-141842223245_thumb.jpg

I guess I'd ask Fin et al directly about widening the span of the bail. My thought is that any time you move the bail attach lugs away from the toe block (or heel block, for that matter) you increase the unfavorable leverage it has on the shoulderbolt thereby weakening the system. In order to provide additional width... perhaps you could use a washer between the bail lug and the toe block. The washer would need an inside diameter that just barely passes the threaded portion of the shoulderbolt but firmly engages the shoulder. The washer would need to be solid high strength metal, not aluminum, not plastic. I guess I'd grind the boot in a non critical location before I'd weaken the binding. Just my opinion.

Brad

edit: I just re-read your original post... you want to spread 1cm?? That is quite a bit!! I would NOT consider using washers or spacers (one on each side) to do this. Again, my opinion.