Note to New Members ×

CEO of Burton

ealely

I'm quite curious and I'd like to know if the (new) CEO of Burton used to be the sales representative of the brand in California/West Coast USA something like 10 years ago. Does anyone know the guy (Laurent)?

I met a french guy, Laurent, who was working for Burton at that time, he was settled in California and as I read recently an article about Burton company, I'm wondering if it's the same guy or not...I forgot his family name but I remember I had to ride soft boots :cool:

In late 2004, Burton handed off most operational responsibilities to the company president, 38-year-old Frenchman Laurent Potdevin. ...same guy, I think. I worked at a windsurf/bike shop in San Fran about 8 years ago and remember a french guy was the Burton rep. Cool guy, I think he windsurfed with us a few times. How the hell did he become CEO of Burton ?

Googled it , looking for a pic, but nothing. He was a smaller, thin guy, dark hair. I do remember him loaning me a proto factory prime for Tahoe carving.

Funny, it's a small small world...

I may be wrong but at the time he didn't really care about alpine snowboards... and I almost ended up racing at a boardercross at Tahoe although it was my first time in SB...I would have died there, I'm sure:p

I don't remember him being 'thin' per say; he was not very tall, about my height (170), smart for sure and kinda cool too.

Anyway, old times :biggthump

Celine