Note to New Members ×

HOT BLAST 178 for sale on EBAY

C5 Golfer

Guest VolklRider

9 Hours to go with 17 Watchers and only 2 bidders. I hope it is a fight to the finish.

My question you all is due to a potential bidder saying my shipping was too high, I am curious if some of you feel $32 is too much to ship a board coast to coast?

9 Hours to go with 17 Watchers and only 2 bidders. I hope it is a fight to the finish.

My question you all is due to a potential bidder saying my shipping was too high, I am curious if some of you feel $32 is too much to ship a board coast to coast?

$32 is dead on. Anyone that said that is too high is a cheapskate tightwad.

surprised that sold for so little. Isnt that a recent model?

youll find that bomber folk...we're CHEAP, except those that spend $2000 on tinklers but...

$32 is dead on. Anyone that said that is too high is a cheapskate tightwad

Gee thanks D-Sub...that was me. :eek:

Let me explain though...my F2 will ship to the Hot sellers location for $23 parcel post, so I emailed and asked if he'd go with actual shipping on the Hot and thus make the extra cake on the board - you know, cover the ebay and paypal fees etc...I never said it was "too high" I just asked if he knew about less expensive ways to ship it - some folks don't and use too big a box and too much weight...someone should write a "snowboard shipping 101" and post it on this forum! ;)

The board was listed at starting price $178 so I though I might be able to pick it up for a good price and replace my 2003 Hot Blast 178 without breaking the bank. Just negotiating thats all. I'm sure he should be able to sell that ride - it's a great board...reserve price was not met so it's still out there. IMO it is ALWAYS worth asking. When you go to a car dealer and try to get the best price - are you being a "cheapskate tightwad" or a smart buyer?

In the end - no harm in asking, and seller gets to decide. It's not that $32 is outrageous, just that it can be done for less, that's all. :)

so you didnt say "that's too much!" but if someone did (and $23 vs $32 isnt exactly a big difference, man! Talk about nickel and dime!) they'd be mistaken

parcel post isnt much cheaper in my experience, takes way longer, and is much more prone to damage due to the longer transit/handling time.

come on, wavechaser...$9?

When you go to a car dealer and try to get the best price - are you being a "cheapskate tightwad" or a smart buyer?

if youre haggling over $9, then the former :)

C'mon man it was late...I uh...spent all my cash on the F2...and uh...was bidding at my limit and still not hitting the reserve...so uh...I thought the $9 might get me over the reserve - heck, nodody else was even bidding on the thing at all.

You're right about the parcel post time frame and damge possibilities though...didn't consider that in my late night lust for a Blast. The fact remains though - it's what the market will bear, and it didn't sell...same thing could happen on my F2!

Volklrider - sorry I offended you, didn't mean to...like I said it was late (12:30 am EST) and I was "under the influence" of board lust. :)

some folks don't and use too big a box and too much weight...someone should write a "snowboard shipping 101" and post it on this forum! ;) QUOTE]

LOL... :biggthump

Aint that the truth. I learned a lot from Dave's instructions but I found out the hard way to not assume that other people know this. I bought a board and bindings from the bay a couple months ago. Went to the post office to pick it up and they tell me there are something like $87 in oversize package fees due! :eek: Turns out this guy put the board in a big box, them packed the bindings in a seperate big box and taped the two bokes together. The PO on his end screwed up and did not catch it when he shipped.

heh. was there a bottle involved, too?

I dont think offense was mentioned, and I certainly didnt know it was you, so there was no personal attack here! Please don't alert the mods folks!

No bottle - gosh, NOW I'm offended.........NOT!!!

Just trying to keep things on the nice side with Volklrider given the "evil" capitalist that I am. ;)

The REAL problem seems to be that I should be SNOWBOARDING - not haggling like an idiot over $9 while I stare out at the rain and brown ground...what the hell do I need a snowboard for at all at this point?

For sale forum has tuned into General Carving/OT/For sale all in one ;)

A lot of us are suffering from "not enough snow" illness. I have two weekdays off next week earmarked for carving, yeah!

"Weather looks good, course looks good, I like my chances" (modified Tiger Woods quote)

Holiday wishes for everyone...SNOW :eplus2::biggthump:AR15firin :D

--Hugh