Note to New Members ×

Anyone ride a Prior ATV with softies?

mnovak

Prior website says that the ATV could be ridden with softies. Sounds like a pretty stiff ride if the ATV is basically a wider 4WD.

Anyone tried the ATV with a soft setup? What's it like?

What's it like?

Snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more?

http://www.jumpstation.ca/recroom/comedy/python/nudge.html

Man:

I mean, you've been around a bit, you know, like, you've, uh... You've 'done it'...

Squire:

What do you mean?

Man:

Well, I mean like,... you've SLEPT, with a lady...

Squire:

Yes...

Man:

What's it like?

post-123-141842222155_thumb.jpg

i did it, and it was awesome. and it definitely works. you can put some deep lines in the snow with it even on softies, and if you have sloppy technique (like me) you can make it skid very easily.

but then, i tried plates for the very first time last week, and mounted them to the same board. even as a rookie on plates, there was no comparison. it was like day and night. the board did everythign better (as far as carving is concerned) on plates with HBs.

with the 23.5cm waist, it's definitely very accomodating for softies, and i have size 12 boots. hope that helps. oh and try the search function, or just go back 2 or 3 pages, there's a number of softboot threads, and the ATV almost always comes up in them.