Note to New Members ×

Wicked Old School

willywhit

I was watching that BMW ad on the TV the other night where the kids are freaking out upon opening the present that they really wanted.

Then, I stumbled across this old mag on eBay from 1980 and I actually remember that issue of Action Now-christmas 1980.

Makes me smile that the things that got me stoked when I was a kid, still get me stoked...well over 25 years later.

Then, old chuck barfoot sends me an email and wants me to buy a longboard with a nice little christmas discount (incentive). Check out the video at http://barfoot.com/ These were the Dogtowners of the snowboarding world...View Movie

Again, 1982-83 el Nino winter....last year of high school, headed off to college and life as an "adult". :cool: I already got what I wanted for christmas- a Madd 170 and a Coiler 176 EX. YAY ! :1luvu:

post-123-141842222141_thumb.jpg

post-123-141842222144_thumb.jpg

post-123-141842222145_thumb.jpg

The fact that you said "wicked" in your thread title makes me happy. I remember when I went down to florida to compete with band we were all saying wicked a wicked lot ( ;) ) and nobody except the new englander's knew what the hell we meant :lol: . Awesome mag that you found there. Hell...it's older than me!!

And now all you need is snow to try out you're christmas presents...and these crappy snowshowers ain't cuttin' it.

Willy, I was at the Ski Expo in Seattle a few weeks ago and they had a tent there. After walking by and talking to them about 5 times I finally stepped up and bought the Renny Yater. The guys were cool and the local rep is interested in the carving scene so I am going to try to hook him up with some demo stuff. Barfoot is going to make a swallow tail and Fish shaped board in the near future as well. Great board now I just need to get past the snow season to ride it.