Note to New Members ×

Question for Fin - Track 325's

Allee

I do not understand why the uppers are sized so large. Are any hardbooter's calves too big to fit in the correct mondo sized boot?

My 26's fit my foot perfect, but I have the opposite problem. I can barely squeeze my huge calves in. I havent molded my liners yet, so that could be part of the solution.

By the way, couldnt remolding your liners help all you thin-calved people out? you could remold the liner with the top straps very loose in order to make the volume of the liner greater, then once the molding is finished, tighten them up. It should help a little

I do not understand why the uppers are sized so large. Are any hardbooter's calves too big to fit in the correct mondo sized boot?

Allee - at SES, we will take a kitchen knife and hack off some of my calf muscles and glue them onto your legs. I have the exact opposite problem. You should have seen the bootfitter trying to get enough wrap overlap when I got my new liners molded a few weeks ago. I think the guy felt like he had just run a marathon by the time he got that thing around my legs. I played basketball and volleyball my whole life - the curse of jumping sports (and genetics), I suppose, is jacked calf muscles.

I'm also short, and have short legs, so the boots come up high on my calves which makes it doubly hard to get them to fit right.

Even though I have the opposite problem, I got a Booster Strap and it seemed to alleviate shin bang and the improper fit problems I was having at the top of the boot. I felt a much better connection and reaction from the boot once I added it. Allee, I'd go for that (esp. cause its a pretty cheap shot at a fix).