Note to New Members ×

Bear Mtn/Snow Summit on Sun.(2-8)

gdboytyler

Anybody going to Bear Mtn/Snow Summit on Sun.(2-8)? I'll probably start out at Snow Summit and move over to Bear later in the morning or after lunch.

It would be fun to meet up with some fellow carvers.

I'll be riding a royal blue Donek Incline. I might also try out my Burton Alp. I haven't ridden that Alp in a couple of years.

GdBoyTyler

GdBoyTyler,,,

I don't know if you met other carving guys last sunday,,

but there are a few of us ride together,,,or trying to ride together every weekends.

I was supposed to be last sat/sun,,,but got sick and missed the gang.

If you have another plan going up during weekends,,,let us know.

I saw 2 carvers doing down, when I was going up on my first chair in the morning (just after 8:00). But after that, I never saw those two.

The snow stayed good all day and the crowd was light (at least away from Miracle Mile), so I ended up spending the whole day at Summit.

That day was the first time in several years that I spent the whole day carving and no time in the snowboard park.

Next time I go locally, I'll post sooner and give you guys more time to respond. I was waiting to see if the surf was going to be good, before I made the decision to snowboard. I made the right call, surf was bad last Sunday.

GdBoyTyler

Today Santa Anas and no swell--- I had the day off too, oh well. What part of Newport? Let me know when your going locally next and I will try to make it also. Hopefully kalalex and others will be there too. Mammoth would be even better, I'll be there next week.

Whoa, here are a few carvers who are getting together at Summit and I live right at the base of the mtns, is my phone or email addie not working?? Guys Guys, next time you throw an impromptu session together post it on the site a little quicker. Who is riding this weekend ? It is presidents day and all, tickets will be at their holiday rate, how bogus is that? Anyone into doing some afternoon/night trenching?

Guest pixelsky

Hi all,

I live in San Diego and wouldn't mind joining some of the carvers at Bear Mnt. or Snow Summit. I plan to go with a couple of (non-carver) friends this weekend so maybe I'll run into some of you.

Paul

I was there (2/8)I saw a few people on plates I even approach one guy with the lame skier comment.. "how can you snowboard in ski boots" sorry but I just cant resist when I'm on skis! I though It would be to crowed to bring the race board but It wasn't that bad just a few death bombers over on chair 7 to look out for. I was incognito but you wouldn't have miss me I was the only skier carving turns...HAaha...post earlier when your going up!!

Hey gary did I ride with you last feb?? mid week mammoth..I was on the big green prior...good turns that day!!

Things are good. I was wondering when we might run into each other again. Spending all my carving time at Mammoth and June, however; it sounds like a small contingency is ridding in the local resorts. I would like to join them before the season is over. We'll miss each other since I will be in Mammoth next week and you the following week--- bumber. Keep in touch.

I think at least 2 of us will be at Summit this weekend.

We are supposed to meet at east express chair lift at 10 am.

I will be ther earlier though.

I'm on volkl RT 173 and mostly will be on miracle mile or summit run until it gets crowded.

See you guys whoever can make it.

Originally posted by kalalex

I'm on volkl RT 173 and mostly will be on miracle mile or summit run until it gets crowded.

See you guys whoever can make it.

Summit Run gets so crowded early, I avoid it like the plague!

Surf is suppose to pickup for the weekend, so I probably won't go snowboarding.

Have some good runs.

GdBoyTyler