Note to New Members ×

Race to The Cup Photos

Donek

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR title="Post 113353" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>DiveBomber</TD><TD class=alt2>SO what do you have to do, to race in these?

Are they always at copper?

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

From the home page of BOL:

Bomber Industries along with Donek Snowboards are now proud sponsors of the Race to the Cup Series in 06/07.. More info...... Race-TO-the-cup-logo_150.jpg

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR title="Post 113353" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>DiveBomber</TD><TD class=alt2>SO what do you have to do, to race in these?

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Bomber Industries along with Donek Snowboards are now proud sponsors of the Race to the Cup Series in 06/07.. More info...... Race-TO-the-cup-logo_150.jpg

http://www.bomberonline.com/events/

All the time you spend here D-Bomb... is... ???

Check the home page Dude!!!

sorry I never look at the homepage.

Holy cow, these guys arent cheap almost 200 bucks in membership fees!... do I at least get a t-shirt?

do I register in Alpine, or snowboard?

photographers: i'd suggest u give a look and try to adobe lightroom.. still in beta stage, but its a killer killer app for digital photographers.. manipulates heavy image folders, batch image modifications, make online galleries within a click and print image galleries as if they were 1 mb. Lovely tool, downloadable still for awhile before the soft becomes released.

cool pics here guys thnx! that swedish rider is cute as hell too ;). would be nice to have board specs of the top riders like length width, what board, bindings boots and settings they use etc or is it classified?

N.

SO what do you have to do, to race in these?

thanks

The first trick is to become a world-class athlete, practice your balls off, and pay your dues in blood, sweat, and tears. The second trick is to get better than that, so that everyone else on the team doesn't make you look like you suck wicked bad. Third and finally you just need to qualify for a slot on a team against the best riders in the world. Basically a weekend project and a few hundred bucks.

No qualification is required, neither is previous race experience (although it is recommended).

Yes the membership fees are expensive (you need a USSA and FIS snowboard license). Some events you get a shirt some you don't, but no one does it for a t-shirt. The real goal is to gather Nor-Am points, if you win the Nor-Am series you have a World Cup spot for next season that is yours and can not be taken away. Another reason riders do the races is that the Copper and Steamboat race will qualify a few riders for selected World Cups for this season.

In my opinion if you were only to do one stop on the series the membership is too expensive to make it worth it, unless you are a true high roller. But if you are planning on doing more events than it's worth it. The licenses allow you to race in all FIS snowboard events around the world.

Regardless if you race or not it is worth it to check out one of the event if your close. It will probably totally change the way you think about what can be done on an alpine snowboard, and probably make you a better ride simply by watching some of the world best riders. In Copper there were multiple riders who competed in the Olympic as well as riders who have won World Cup races. Steamboat will probably be lacking some of the super high end riders, but the up and coming riders in North America and hold their own.

Holy cow, these guys arent cheap almost 200 bucks in membership fees!... do I at least get a t-shirt?

Come back East for Bromley, VT - March 9-11, 2007 PGS/PSL

I'll race ya, loser buys the LongTrails

Go to www.ussa.org

You registed as "snowboard". No qualifying necessary - but if you are new to racing it's probably best to start with USASA. To race USSA you have to join USSA and have an FIS license - but you can get a regional USSA membership for $50 and a "provisional" FIS license for $10. Race fees for RTTC are $50 per event so $100 for both the PGS and PSL at Staemboat...but do it ASAP if you want to race at Steamboat. Contact membership<at>ussa.org for more info.

It's not cheap - but if you are serious about this it is the least of your costs!

The first trick is to become a world-class athlete, practice your balls off, and pay your dues in blood, sweat, and tears. The second trick is to get better than that, so that everyone else on the team doesn't make you look like you suck wicked bad. Third and finally you just need to qualify for a slot on a team against the best riders in the world. Basically a weekend project and a few hundred bucks.

NO SWEAT

There was some speculation earlier in this thread about why Jasey had what he had on his feet. There are a few reasons for Jasey riding a Kessler.

1. Bruce finally closed the original Coiler shop a few weeks ago and is still in the process of setting up the last of his equipment at his new location. That includes his press which also needs a few modifications. So, for the moment, he is unable to laminate titanal.

2. Jasey has been experimenting with the hangl plate system and has discovered that it works well with longer board lengths (185+). Before he began riding the hangl plates, he had been riding shorter boards (+/- 180) and had given his longer boards away to junior members of the Canadian team. Bruce could not furnish a longer board in time for the race.

3. Jasey and Bruce agreed that it would be good for him to spend some time on the Kessler boards and get a better feel for how they react. They both needed to do some first-hand research.

4. The funding arrangement with Sport Canada that Jasey had lined up to pay for boards has apparently fallen through and this has left Bruce on the hook for the cost of all Jasey's boards. Bruce has been finding it increasingly difficult to keep up with Jasey's need for boards given that it takes time away from making boards for paying customers. Also, Coiler is no longer just a hobby for Bruce because he has given up his day job. So the Jasey / Coiler affiliation may not survive which would be quite sad.