Note to New Members ×

Final Board Decision Before Buying

Guest tlivingston

Guest tlivingston

Hi,

I was pretty sure Im going to get a 174 Prior 4WD but am having second thoughts that I should just get a WCR. Im 190 lbs and want a board that I can use in Ontario and not take up the whole hill, and where I might not even have access to hills where I can get much speed. Should I stick with the 4wd or get a shorter wcr? Thanks,

Ted

PS has anybody heard anything bad on the Deeluxe Track 325

i'll keep it short...

http://www.bomberonline.com/articles/how_to_buy_snowboard.cfm

and, do you own other boards you can still use on varied conditions and terrain?

for me personally, i bought an all mountain board first (prior atv) before i bought a freecarve board, but that's because i had no other boards at the time. all my other boards were either broken or too old to use at the time.

Do you plan on doing other riding besides resort/carving? If yes, the 4wd will probably be the best option. If not, go with the WCR. I love my WCR and use it everywhere, I prefer it to the 4wd.

Guest tlivingston

Yes, I already have a really stiff soft board. I bought it to allow me to go everywhere, as I was coming off of a race board at the time, and didnt want to give all of that up. I now want to get more of the race board feel. I was pretty set on the 4WD, but when I finally saw on in person this weekend, it looked quite wide. My buddy even said "I thought you were getting a race board" (not the reaction I was looking for), so now Im having second thoughts. I have the stiff soft board, but want more of the race feel back, without actually racing. I need it for Ontario where I wont be able to get a ton of speed and need to be able to carve tight turns on blue runs without taking the whole hill. Its a decision I dont want to get wrong for this much money! Thanks again guys, really appreciated,

Ted

Sounds like you want a race board, maybe a "freecarve" board. I think the WCR's are right up that alley. I once sold my freeride deck and my race board for a 4wd. End of that season I sold the 4wd for a freeride board and a race board. I now have the freeride, a giant Coiler carver and several race boards, but never felt the need for another 4wd. Just my experience.