Note to New Members ×

Which pass to get?? Colorado

DiveBomber

yeah i just went and looked. I guess I just got tired of breck, AND the drive, why didnt they make that Ski train on I-70????

But I havent been to any place yet, that well... is like the commercials... you know... I see ads and videos and im like "where is that???"

I thought berthoud was closed??

it boggles my mind how vail can be rated #1

I-70 to exit 232, Highway 40. You can jump off almost anywhere and end up on the highway again. (Although I've had to swim out of there in arm-pit deep snow a few times.)

I agree with you on that one Cindy. Sometimes when my friends and I ski Independence Pass in the spring, we have to hitch back up. And there is a significant difference in time when you have cute women with you, as opposed to the usual ragtag crowd I ski with. We always let the women do the thumbing. :biggthump

i would say where are you going to go to the most. i think most people buy the colorado pass because you get 5 mountains, but in reality most people only go to like 1 or 2. if you plan on going to a vail resort mostly get the CO pass. if you're over the hype of vail resorts go with a third choice, how about the loveland pass, under $300, no crowds(comparatively) and good terrain w/out the hype of nearby resorts and a long season. mid-week passes there are less than $200.

-Cindy-where in WP do you live? I'm moving to granby tomorrow, and am all about the backcountry, although i'm no mexican hottie-most people think i'm a guy when i'm in full sb gear. but i manage to get rides at loveland pass w/out problems.

Do you hate crowds and traffic as much as I do? I do not have the option of riding during the week, so I get up reaalllllly early and try to get to morrison before 6:15. This puts me at my favorite resort way before most of the gapers and jibbers are thinking of getting out of bed, and as a consequence, very little traffic, and I usually get on one of the first 20 chairs. No crowds. No liftlines and open runs. I was able to get in 10,000 vertical before 9:30 this morning, thusly, I was finished early enough to avoid the teeming masses that have finally gotten it togther and now are overrunning the slopes. Out of the parking lot and down the hill early enough so I barely had to hit the brakes(read no traffic). All of the pass deals we are fortunate to have out here sholud make it a no brainer, and with lift tickets as cheap as they are right now and for the next month, you can do plenty of on slope reseach to figure out where you want to go. Go early, ride hard, and have fun.

mario