Note to New Members ×

Can someone explain this.

No.2

I thought that I understood and answered the question with the idea that greater range of motion and strength allows you to either manipulate or allow your COM to move over the edge of the board. If that was not the case, then I think that I am not understanding your question. So to clarify, what does the idea of leverage mean to you No.2? I know that sounds like a basic question, but maybe I am thinking of it differently than you are.

When you are experiencing more leverage, what is the board reaction that you are feeling?

If you're in really stiff boots, you may be using more force than is required to hold the edge and in some situations (icy death chatter) flexing / stiffening may be to your disadvantage..

I absolutely agree. It is not that ankles are always the answer. When you learn to utilize them better, you will also learn when is best to not use them, or use them less, right?

I would like to hook up with you Phil. You should come my way, though (mountains, not hills). The tech heads who work for us here at CASI would be stoked to have a brain like yours to pick.

Of course, we'd have to go noboarding... then we could see how you'll use every bit of you to keep it together.

Of course, that would be great. The problem is that all of my ideas are just stolen from those that I have studied or trained under.

Noboarding? Sounds too scary to me.;)