Note to New Members ×

Reviews on titanal Boards

oldkey

I Am on the verge of ordering a new GS board for the upcoming season, but im having difficulties deciding over the prior WCR and WCR metal series. (I am 5'8" tall and weigh 108 lbs. Chris Prior will be softening the board for my weight. I currently ride a 168 Donek Pilot). I was just wondering if any one could tell me If there is a large difference between the two when it comes to ice and ruts? Is it worth the extra $200....what will I notice? Also if anyone has had trouble with the Titanal boards as compared to more traditional boards. Any reviews would be helpfull to settle the debate in my mind....and wallet. :argue: ........ :rolleyes: I also like the WCR top sheet choices.. but performance is really what im looking for.

Thanks in advance

Patrick

I rode the WCR Metal board and it is amazing. Soaks up the terrain and I felt like the board anticipated each move and undulation in the snow. That said, tha Donek Olympics are no slouch either. Very similar ride but I felt the particular WCR that I rode had the slight advantage. Both are incredible rides and if I had the dough, I would make the upgrade. Ypu will not be dissapointed.

....5'8" and 108 lbs and 14 years old.

D-Sub....I as well read frequently over the the first season or two that you had to be very careful with these boards. But my father spoke to Garrett today, one of my past coaches that rides with Phil Fell and he feels that the boards have come a long way. You have to be careful, he said, especially as it relates to the rigidity of your bindings and the rubber dampening pad between the bindings and the board. I doubt that at my weight I'm likley to do much to snap the board like you heard about the early Kesslers. he watched a kid younger than myself ride one a few weeks ago in Chile and said that it handles very well....surprisingly responsive to the kid's size and weight.

Wannabe - thank you for the links to the articles.

Art....Garrett says the same about the board...an amazing ride. He believes that in the next couple of years everyone on the WC will have some form of a Titanal board.....a very intuitive board, especially if the bindings, boots and board are set up properly to work together.

I guess I better hope that the wheather holds up long enough for the grass to need mowing for a long time! :)

GO Metal, Garret's race board is my old race stick, and on of my favorite boards to ride, There is no reason to worry about the boards durabilty at your weight. We have been punishing a metal 187 and it is hanging tough. The prior metal (softened)is the right board for you... Tell Chris The guys at Hardbooter say hi when you order it!!! If you need boots and binding have Garret speak with me and we can get your whole system set up.

Have fun.

Hey bro, for what it's worth Billy is right on and Garrett is leading you in a good direction. If you can justify it financially metal is the way to go absolutely no question and besides everybody is doing it...jk. Also, Chris and the guys at Prior will take very good care of you. They'll put together a board with or without metal that's totally specific to your weight and riding ability and get you on track. I'm on a 187 WCR w. titanol for GS that's very similar to the board Bordy was referencing and other than a little issue we had last November with an unnamed tuning facility outside Copper where my heal edge was desimated the board is still going strong. Just wanted to add a little positive reinforcement, peace out everyone...

Thanks for the reply. My dad placed the order today. 173 WCR Metal with rounded tail. I cant wait until the slopes open on November 3.....it's going to be a great year! Based on your comments, I think that I'll stick to PTC for my tunes! :)

I'll see you in Tahoe at Nationals in April.

Patrick