Note to New Members ×

Bad News

scotts.Scheinman

Well, i was playing soccer an i got in a huge collision. I thought i could play thru it but i guess i was wrong. i went to the doctor today and i might have some broken toes but he cant tell because there is so much fluid.I am on crutches. how long does it take to heal generally. THIS WONT STOP ME FROM CARVING!!!!!!!!

THIS WONT STOP ME FROM CARVING!!!!!!!!

yes. yes it will. and should. toes are a bear to heal sometimes, and if you dont get it right you can end up with a lifetime of problems. I think I broke a toe and a foot bone, and never got it looked at. Big bump near my right big toe, and stinging pain at night sometimes.

Not to mention that if it doesn't heal up right, you might have to get new boots.

I busted up a foot several years ago and it never healed right. There is only one brand of hardshell boots (there's another kind?) that fit. Good thing they fit well! I'm stuck buying boots due to fit and not performance. Same goes for about all the shoes I wear.

Let it heal.

Big toe is the important one for balance-the others are just for show. I've broken most of my smaller toes at one time or another and they point off in all different directions. I was usually good enough to get back to exercising-running or cycling-in a month or so after I would break one

Just take it easy for a few weeks and you'll be fine. To keep in shape try some dumb exercises, like riding an indoor bike at the gym or stuff like that, nothing that really involves weight-bearing (i.e. RUNNING). If they keep hurting after a few weeks then you might have some problems, but probally not huge ones.

________

Festiva

well if its the little ones I guess youre a little better off, but...fact is you should let them heal as best you can or they will trouble you later on. Ive got a few poorly healed breaks here and there...one in my left hand, one in my right hand, and Im pretty sure the aforementioned right big toe...and all of it hurts, but really even the toe doesnt completely hinder me, or hasnt so far.

skatha...are poorly healed breaks more likely to lead to arthritis?