Note to New Members ×

Carving NZ South Island

Guest chris_k

Guest chris_k

Hi,

I'm from Germany, but now in Queenstown on the South Island of New Zealand. I was lucky enough to find a shop with rental alpine equipment. The snow is awesome and I want to ride. Is there any other carver around? Maybe we could ride together.

Please drop me a line.

Christian

Chris, make some turns at Cardrona for me. I hear the snow is great this year, you lucky thing. And party hard at the Pig and Whistle for me too...

There's a couple of Kiwi carvers on here, but I think they're North Island based. However, I'd be very surprised if there aren't some Japanese carvers around.

Where did you find the alpine gear? I'll be home in the last week of Sept and Cardrona is still supposed to be open, I might have a need to rent some.

Guest chris_k

@Allee:

It is the S&C Snowboard Shop in 45 Camp Street. But they have only a few Burton Coil up to an 172, Burton Raceplates and Burton Wind Boots.

@nigelc

Is it worth to go to coronet peak at weekends? Don't like crowds. Have been only to Treble Cone and Remarkables. Remarkables has only very short or narrow runs, but nice snow. Treble Cone was pretty good (but I had to ride with softboots for the first time in my life. What a crap. I'll never do that again.).

Christian