Note to New Members ×

Not Dead...

Pow

I work at the YMCA pool as a lifeguard, and I used to work the daycamp last year as a counciler. well, today the daycamp came down to the pool for a swim, and one of the kids who remembered me asked how i spent my money from my old job. I told him on snowboards and he thought it was cool because he was just starting to snowboard himself. the next thing he said made my day... "hey, have you ever seen one of those flat boards with the square tails? what are they called? theyre awesome!" I told him that those are alpine boards, and i ride them. just thought id share it, a 10 year old kid was interested in alpine snowboarding. made my day.

after the olympics, more and more people know about it. I was at a party and I steared a drunken convo into snowboarding and skiing and one kid said something along the lines of "you know ski boards or something...well, I work for a repo company and I got one of those..." I took a look at his board and it was an ancient rossignol. Pointed him here so he could find some boots and I'm gonna try to teach him next season but he'll be using my ultra prime. Just weird coincidence.

gotta love it.