Note to New Members ×

computer retardation

ak_rider

so, i'm pretty dumb when it comes to computers. i have a sony vaio with 2 hard drives. i mostly use c drive but also have d drive. i'm trying to put cd's onto my harddrive for my ipod. i have itunes on d drive but after about 5 cd's my computer is telling me i'm running out of space on c drive. am i not actually saving to d drive or doing something wrong? any help would be greatly appreciated.

do you have 2 seperate hard drives or a partitioned hard drive showing 2 letters? regardless you need to open Itunes and go to edit/preferences then switch to the advanced tab where you need to change the location of you music folder to your D: drive then of course you need to copy al your music from C: to D: and then erase whats on C: but that's just housekeeping

most likely you left the default settings for itunes on where to place your music..this will be c:\documentandsettings\"yourusername"\my music\itunes\itunes music. you can check/change this by opening up itunes and doing the following:

Open Itunes

Click on Edit......Click on Pereference ......goto the advanced tab.........

this area will give you the info you need...check the following:

iTunes Music folder location....if its in the above location copy the iTunes Music folder to your D:drive.....change the location to reflect the new location and then delete the old location

computers are simple, open "my computer", it will show you your c: drive, etc, you said your cd rom is your d: drive, so your other hard drive is your e: drive, click on your c: drive(or double click), when it opens drag it to the top of the screen and grab the edges and make it the size of 1/2 of the screen,the top half, now open the e: drive and put it on the bottom of the screen, the e: drive is most likely empty and the c: drive (folder) is pretty full, on the c: folder open documents and settings, then your, name folder, then my documents, then my music, you are looking for your music collection, after you find it and are in it look up top on the task bar, click-edit,select all,cut, now go to the other folder open-- E:, right click and it will give you choices, choose new folder, name it itunes and left click it, now double click on it to open it, put your mouse icon in the folder, right click and choose paste, all your music will (after the computer gets done) be on your e: drive.after you get the hang of it you will see that you can grab a folder with a right mouse button held down and move it and when you release the mouse it will ask if you want to move or copy, the problem is going to be that itunes is still going to install to the origional folder on your c: drive and when you try to play music it won't know the music is on your e: drive, play around this is all extremly simple and in no time you will get the hang of it :)

PROOF that people dont read other people's posts (or hell, even the initial question sometimes)

the problem was solved with the first post