Note to New Members ×

moving to a longer board

DiveBomber

Well i just tried my Volant 173 for the first time, moving from my volant 162, and the board is definately stiffer. Im not sure if I set it up right or just wasnt used to it. I put my bindings at slightly steeper angles like 163 and 166. there were several times where after a heelside turn, and comming to a stop my tail would start going down the hill and id be going backward for a sec.

also i moved the front binding a to the 3rd set of holes on the bindings (catek OS1) VS the 1st set for a little wider stance.

With this board it someways i likes the carves better and liked doing them faster, BUT it felt hard to initiate the turns and go straight, not because the board felt like it wanted to turn (like the 162) but because i almost felt like i had less abilty to control the board. it was more like i was just along for the ride.

Good thing there was some softer snow, there was a couple times where on my heelsides i was just sliding sideways and was about face plant, but didnt.

WHat should i do or set up differently for this board??