Note to New Members ×

UPZ Boots: really "hard"boots...

RicHard

I've bought a pair of Upz boots, the black ones.

Since I heard rumors about the softness of such boots, I would like to say that I tried to wear the red ones and they are really soft.

But the black ones are... really stiff.

They seems to be really great, having all the features a rider need.

Spring for heelside and backside, FIVE (adjustable) buckles+powerstrep, "walk" position, canting...

I found the feeling with them from the first day of riding.

Regards,

_Richard.

Guest azrcd5

I have been riding on a pair of new '05-'06 ones. (From what I understand they only come in red now. Are your black and red ones older?) I think they are great. The "extra" buckle seems to make a big diffrence. I also feel they are plenty stiff, but that is really a rider preference. "Extra" spring is also great. However, since I have big and wide feet I find that the biggest benifit from UPZ is the wide toe box and the short sole.

Guest azrcd5

Yeah that's what I'm riding only mine came from UPZ of NA so they are red. It seems like they are the same boots but red for the UPZ and black for the Virus branded UPZ. They also replaced my Fire's.

UPZ boots come in two different plastics: a thinner polyurethane (slightly stiffer) and a thicker polyamide (less stiff). You have to specify which you want when ordering. Most people are on the the polyamide shells.

If anybody wants the full story, right from the horse's mouth, why not just contact Dan who runs UPZ Boot North America at yoja@cablerocket.com ? He doesn't participate in the Bomber forum to any great extent (I think he's pretty busy between running UPZ Boots and admin duties at Sunshine Village).

M