Note to New Members ×

Tussey Mountain Carving Enlightenment!

timhatimay

I didnt ride my hardboots a whole lot until recently (mainly just due to a crappy winter), and when i did i could feel somthing was wrong with my technique causing bad edge hold and chattering under hard turns. so this saturday i got to ride with some other hard-booters, and local rider Scott gave me some pointers...and after riding tonight and focusing on what he said my hardboot riding has improved exponentially...what a gerat feeling...i was going faster and carving harder than before with more confidence and no chattering or grip problems even though tonight was probably the most icy conditions ive ridden in a while. so thank you scott! and basically im just stoked after a great night...sorry had to share!

Peace,

Tim

Wow! Glad to see carving is alive and well at Tussey! You know, for a small mountain, I always though that it was such a great place to learn and improve. What's that main blue slope called, UTAH? I was an instructor there for 3 seasons while I was in college from 1992-1995. I wonder if that's the same Scott that was there when I was????? I don't think any of the carvers that I taught with are still there. (Now I live in Montana.... sorry, but it's much better than PA!!!!)

Kathy

Ya there are actually a few carvers that come out on a semi-regular basis. Yes the blue slope is Utah. I am also an instructor there while as im in college currently right now, but i only teach in my softboots. But its a very small mountain, but its a good time, and its only about 5 minutes away.

Peace,

Tim

Well lately ive been riding my oldschool supermodel with massive boot out so i usually lean back and try and surf it, which is just a bad habbit (but fun to do sometimes). And told me to try and keep my shoulder parallel with the mountain because i also have a tendancy to throw down my back one, and use some counter rotation. So he also said to keep my arms in front of me. Really concentrating on puttin my arms and weight up front and keeping my shoulders more level really seemed to have a dramatic impact on the control i had over the board!

Peace,

Tim