Note to New Members ×

PA carvers Pocono's

paappraiser

Hey Pocono carvers

( I know there at least 5 of you out there)

I was wondering what trails at what resorts you found most carve freindly ?

Ive this year mostly been only able to get to blue mt. The mountain is so groomed almost any trail can be used thats not crowded.

Ive been wondering about shawnee, camelback, elk etc (Never liked the short runs on Jack frost)

Comments?

Ive been wanting to run to greek peak in Ny.. comments?

Matt

If you've never been, go check out Elk. Lots of nice cruisers. Susquehanna is a nice wide trail that helped me gain alot of confidence on the steeps (no worries of running out of room). Much less crowd than some of the other pocono resorts. Only downside is the slow-mo lifts, but I'm out of shape anyway so I can always use the rest.

my $.02---Bry

These are my two favorite, but I met a guy last week that said Elk has opened up a good bit since the last time I was there about 9 years ago, so I am interested in heading up to check it out.

Keep in mind we are trying to organize a carvers day at Blue, so keep checking the regional rider threads

I'll agree with Raceway at Camelback. I taught at Camelback for two years and found that Raceway didn't get too crowded because most people don't make it over there. If the lift is running there, it's an added bonus, but may make it more crowded. Another good one is the Meadows. It's more on the right side. Not real steep, but it is real wide. You gotta watch though that some people don't come flying straight down that one.

At Shawnee, I'd sugest Bushkill. A little more pitch at the top, but then flattens out. I forget the name of the other slope, but it's under a chair in the middle of the mountain. That one gets crowded though. It's blue at the top and black at the bottom.