Note to New Members ×

Again with the helmets

paappraiser

last night i hit an ice patch on the backside of a whale hump and whiped out big time. My head hit really, really hard on the ice. I saw stars for a sec and that was with a helmet. If i didn't have one, i would've been out. Never ride without one.

Glad your still with us...:)

I sat with some kids on the lift the other day that were ski racing.

They had helmets with a little bar in front. Anyone have any links to maufactures for stuff like that?

The bars were nice, and dont look like a tool :)

Guest jschal01
Glad your still with us...:)

I sat with some kids on the lift the other day that were ski racing.

They had helmets with a little bar in front. Anyone have any links to maufactures for stuff like that?

The bars were nice, and dont look like a tool :)

If you're actually serious and not spoofing, www.reliableracing.com.

Torque away. :)

Is is just me, or does everyone whack their skull way harder when they're wearing their helmet? I never had a really bad heelside fall until I started wearing one. The first day I wore one, I caught a my heelside and catapulted myself backward down the hill on a pretty icy slope. Glad I had the helmet, as I still saw stars...

Yes, my first day out last year I LEFT my new helmet at the hotel, thinking I'd get used to riding again then get the helmet later....

My Tahoe trip was reduced to making breakfast on Sat, making breakfast on Sun and riding on Sunday. I have no idea what happened on Saturday other than I knocked myself out somehow and got a ride with ski patrol-as evidenced my a picture I found on my digi camera 2 weeks later