Note to New Members ×

SES Boot Fitting?

RDY_2_Carve

I plan on finally seeing a professional boot fitter while in Aspen at SES. Things I need done:

Shell widened to accomidate my wide foot

Liners remolded after shell customization

Hot spots addressed

Any recommendations on shops to get this done at? Any rough idea of how much this will cost me?

I can't wait to have perfectly fitting boots! :1luvu:

Surefoot, has a shop in Aspen and Snowmass. I've always worked with the guys in Snowmass.

Check them out at www.surefoot.com.

Jim might be able to tell who else he has worked with in town.

Price depends on what needs to be done. And possibly what kind of beer you bring in to them that night.

They are usually pretty busy, so it's always good to call ahead and set up a good time to discuss everything with them.

I've used Surefoot for my boots. Do you have custom footbeds already? If not, I'd suggest having them make you a set. They charge a lot for them (around $190). However they are great footbeds and will last a very long time. Plus, once they make you footbeds, they will do ANYTHING necessary to make your boots fit perfectly. Forever. Go there your first day in town. Get them all set and then go back as many times as necessary during the week until the boots are perfect. Plus you can go to any Surefoot location for future work. Plan on spending 2 hours there the first time you go visit. They aren't fast, but they are good. FWIW, I've never been to the Surefoot in Aspen, just the ones in Park City and Squaw Valley. They have the oven to mold your liners too.

PJ at Gene Taylor Sports on the Snowmass mall is my local guy. He's been bootfitting for over 20 years, and was really good at fixing my boots. I'm not sure what he charges regularly, as they tend to hook me up over there, but they have by far the best prices in town. Another good fitting shop is the ski shop right across from Gene's, albeit I can't remember the name. Definitely call ahead to see what days he's going to be there. 970-923-4336