Note to New Members ×

WTB: Lessons from Carver near Barrie/Collingwood

eaglez

I would like to take this carving thing to the next level. Been doing this for 6 years and never had a proper instruction in advanced carving. I believe in constant improvment and I need coaching to get better than I am now. I have been reading posts regarding different techniques but good old fashioned monkey-see monkey-do tactics probably work better. Anyone know anyone who fits the bill?

Darren :biggthump

There is an instructor at MSLM that is one of the better carvers that I have seen. Ask for Imo. He is there every morning ripping it up and although I haven't seen him do a carving lesson he is one of their instuctors and does teach soft boot and skiing.

I am usually riding my 165 MOMO F1 (Ferrari/Momo F1 car graphics) or my Oxygen Proton GS 185. I have a grey Leedom Helmet. But after next week I retire the MOMO and start riding the 175 Prior WCR Maroon topsheet board I bought from Aimee a couple of day ago. Will email you when I am going out.

D.

If you take Scenic Caves Rd (not sure if that is the name but the caves are on it) all the way up to the top of the "mountain" then take your first right, it is right there. You are about 75m from the top of the chair. You can get to any part of Blue from their. Normally you can just ride/slide in. I wear either a Green/grey Descente DNA jacket or a blue Swiss Army jacket.

D.