Note to New Members ×

Idea: soft boots on my previous carver?

Guest DruckenCarver

Guest DruckenCarver

I got a new Brooklyn Angelic board this year to replace the Crazy Banana board I'd been using for the previous two seasons. The CB board is currently up for sale here on the classifieds for cheap, but enough that it seems barely worth me going through the trouble of shipping if it does sell.

I got the Angelic because the CB doesn't have much side cut and is wide all-around for a carver. The result of which was I could bend it and carve great at 210lbs but at my new 185 I just had to work too hard to set that heel edge. But, it's actually somewhat soft.

So, rather than selling it, what about making it my softboot ride? I've seen guys carve it up pretty nice with that very setup, in fact, but I just attributed that to them being gods and myself a mere mortal who needs hard boots and plates. In other words, they appeared to be Montana natives and I'm a Minnesotan :p .

Here's the extra degree of difficulty just to make it fun: I'd like to get new life out of my 12-year-old Morrow boots which look substantial but I can grab the cuff above the ankle and flop it side-to-side quite easily. In fact, those boots with good old 2 strap bindings were so torturous on my ankles that I cite them as the reason I switched to hard boots. So, if I do slap some strap-in bindings on the board, maybe I could just add a third strap to the top to add support?

I really just want more toys and to make other carvers look at my setup and say "What the-?" But, any thoughts out there about it other than that? :)