Note to New Members ×

Have you heard of this / seen this?

Guest dudleydudley

Guest Randy S.

I saw the Bogner helmet (bamboo one) at a shop in Heathrow airport the other week. I don't recall the price, but it was so ridiculously expensive that it really didn't register. I think it was around $600 and it doesn't even have decent vents. What a laugh. Bogner does make pretty stuff though. Crazy expensive, but pretty. I see bamboo everywhere these days. Its a renewable wood that is light and sturdy so its getting used a lot (especially out here in CA).

Well guys - its time for clearing this up.

The factory is www.spezialski.de

The indigo Brand is actually the bogner brand. However are they only doing the marketing trick. All skis they sell have been developped by www.snowrider.at or namely Reini Fischer. The inventor of the modern carving ski (in 1985 - former ÖSV head coach for technical disciplines I believe). Their skis absolutely rock and are ridden by some unsponsored Europe Cup Riders.

Spezialski is the website of VR (Voigt) skis - the former race ski producer for the Soviet Union and one of the big cats in ski-jumping skis. The skis branded with the snowrider logo cost around 500€ including the VIST Worldcup Race Alu Plate and Vist Race Stock binders. Or 360€ skis only. I am using a pair of their slalom skis and have never been on any better Race Department (meaning the real deal - unavailable in stores) Slalom skis. They practically ski like my snowboard carves.

However Spezialski also sell Titanal-Raceboard which are AFAIK know as well used in the Worldcup by some riders. Its not Kessler but Spezialski who in 2000 builded the first raceboards using Titanal from the Austria nTitanal-Sports company. (so before Kessler). Those boards are available on mail order, but I haven't tried them (yet).

The Bamboo is only a tiny bit and has nothing to do with the great performance. The core is Ash-Wood of very high quality.

Quite a lot of other companies take over the original Snowriders (they already in 1995 had a 12m Sidecut, 80mm Underfoot in165cm). If you want to have the skis with custom topsheet order via www.edelwiser.com