Note to New Members ×

Styles of Riding- FC, GS, SL Etc.

Chubz

Folks

Just looking for some input on different styles of riding. I know many of you have quivers to select from and I am still building mine. I currently have an AM Donek Axis 182 that took the place of my delaminating Volant 173 GS Race, which I still ride. It (Axis)rode well for me when I was in Okemo last year but have not been back on it this season, nor do I think I will be since picking up the Sabertooth RT 173 GS. This thing rocks and I cant get over how much of a difference it made for me compared to the Volant. I was looking to complete my minimal quiver with that Pogo 162 that was listed as my SL board, but had difficulty deciding if I wanted to part with $750 having never ridden and SL board. But I'm sick that I didnt buy it, especially after feeling how the RT rode. Can't get that damn board outta my head.

To get to the point, just looking to see what type folks like to ride most often and why and what boards may support you addiction to certain riding types.

I love my new RT, but where I ride tends to get crowded and meatgates are not use to the turns of a carver where I ride and I dont want t-boned.

It seems most folks tend to stick within the GS and FC style of riding, which I love but I'm interested in the SL style as well. Is it worth getting a board for that style or stick to the GS/FC style?

Guest Randy S.

I have a SL board. I only ever ride it for SL races. It is fun to ride and if it were my only board, I'm sure I'd be happy. However, my 171 Donek Freecarve is my everyday ride. I also have a Coiler 184 that could easily be my everyday ride, although if it is really busy and really tight quarters, it is a bit slower to turn/panic stop than the 171. My next everyday board will be a Donek FC1 175 with Olympic construction.