Note to New Members ×

Damn, I paid full retail price for a snowboard

gdboytyler

Damn, I paid full retail price for a snowboard for the first time since around 1990.

Actually, I haven't paid yet, but I did put in my order for a new Donek 163 FCII. I should get it around early Nov.

All my other board purchases have been at end of season sales, EBay or Bomber classifieds. In fact the only other piece of snowboard gear that I paid full retail price was for some Bomber TD2's and second board kit.

Since my surf trip to Indo in early July, I have barely thought about snowboarding. Now with a almost two months of crappy local surf, my mind is back in the snowboarding mode.

Let's bring on the winter! I can't wait to try out newly ordered board :biggthump

Erwin, I see that you ordered an FC II, does this mean your Oxygen 172 is getting sold??? If so, call me!! ARe yougoing to be using your new 163 for Eurocarving?? or are you just getting a SL board so you can crank some turns on Geronimo?? Lets ride this winter, I have a pass, then again you know the fiasco I went through to get the pass!!! See you Bear Mtn!!!

Yo Aaron,

I've got the Proton 164, not the 172. I'll be hanging onto the Proton 164 for Eurocarving on the really good days. The Donek FC will be my everyday board. With the smaller sidecut, the Donek FC is not as easy to Eurocarve as the Proton.

You're welcome to ride my Proton 164 whenever I'm not riding it.

I'll definately call you for the first day I go to Bear Mtn this season. Only a couple more months :biggthump