Note to New Members ×

Anyone ridden a Dirtsurfer?

SWriverstone

• 8 months later...
Guest Tom Whalen

hey,

I just stumbled onto this page and found this good Dirtsurfer thread going. First off, hello to James Burns, I found your website a few months ago and have been impressed with your enthusiasm for the sport. Great job with the positive media and the online store, its very cool to see the sport comming to the east coast.

Ok so I live in Maine, does anybody else ride in New England? I'd like to do some riding this spring and I'm looking for any east coast riders, especially anyone into downhill street racing, but I cant be that picky, I just want to ride, anybody?

Tom Whalen

Hell Yeah! Dirtsurfers rock!:biggthump

I`ve been riding one for a couple of years now. I think that for fast downhill nothing comes close. The faster the better.

Dirtsurfers like to go fast but the GP model won`t take to high angulations very well. Lean a GP model over to much and the rail scrapes on the ground which is a very nerve wracking expirence. Apparently the Flexideck version rides higher off the ground and that eliminates the problem.

I mostly ride mine with a Kite these days simply because I`m now living in Downtown Tokyo and the traffic is crazy compared to Australian roads.

I think a kitewing would probably be the ultimate accessory for the Dirtsurfer.

Just like snowboards though, you need a quiver to forfill all aspects of riding.

My idea for summer riding is, A Dirtsurfer for SGS style,fast with low angulations, A carveboard for EC style,slow with high angulations and a Loaded Vangaurd for SL, cruisin around/general fun/commuting, medium speed, medium angulations.

With those three boards in your quiver you`ll be carving all summer.:cool:

There`s a guy in New Zealand that has slighty changed the original idea so that the support of the front wheel comes from a bar over the top of the wheel.

Don`t know wheather of not that one has a patent on it yet.

The advantage of his idea is that it has a much tighter turning radius and you can "pump the board at least a little bit, to gain speed.(At low speeds).