Note to New Members ×

2nd weekend carving and...

Guest Redman

Guest Redman

I managed to mess up my right knee pretty good. I have either a slightly torn acl or meniscus in my rear leg. I was carving at a moderate pace and somehow wound up in the air looking at my board over my head thinking I was going to be hurting real soon. After I had skidded to a stop and gave myself the mandatory once over I found my neck, back and shoulders stretched out pretty good but everything else seemed ok. Ok until I got off the lift 5 minutes later. That's when I noticed a sharp pain on the inner part of my rear (right) leg. I skidded down the hill for my last run of the year. I saw my doctor yesterday who gave me the bad news. He's got me on crutches for a couple of weeks and then an mri if not much improvement. It is hoped the damage will heal without the necessity of surgery.

Like I said in a few previous posts, this carving business is going to be a bit more difficult than I thought. Fortunately though, I'm hooked and can't wait for the snow to fly in winter 05!

Red

Sorry to hear that, but it only gets better!:D Don't loose hope; this was my first season hardbooting and my first couple days were pretty bad. Definately my worst wrecks of the year, but luckily nothing too major.

I personally had one of my best carving days of the season this past Saturday at Telluride. Had two hardbooter sightings but never ran into them on the slopes. Saw a nice Coiler with TD2's...looked like a blast. And no D-Sub, it wasn't blue/tribal, it was Red and I noticed no graphics...

Now I'm faced with deciding to end the season on such a high note or heading to Santa Fe one last time next Saturday.

Originally posted by RDY_2_Carve

Now I'm faced with deciding to end the season on such a high note or heading to Santa Fe one last time next Saturday.

End it on a high note! :) Seriously, that's what I did---it was incredibly hard to resist the temptation for just one more day...but I knew conditions were going downhill fast, and I wanted my last day to be a happy memory.

Now, if conditions are still primo...well...

Scott