Note to New Members ×

First board advice

Civ

I just recently bought a used Burton FP 173 with race pltes from a friend and I am wondering roughly where to set my self up on the board. How far back or forward?. I am running flat with angles around 60, 57 because of the narrow 18cm waist. I wear a 28 mondo. I am still a little more over the edges than I would like but I dont think im really getting the board over that far yet. Im 6 feet tall and about 165 lbs.

So any andvice for setting this board up would be great, I know a lot of people have owned one of these at some point.

Thanks.

Mike

For Burtons start at the referance stance triangles, and move each binding out equally to your desired stance width. With your height you'll probably want about a 19 inch stance.

Start here, and make small adjustments to fine tune. If this is your first set-up. Don't make too many adjustments at a time. Adjust one thing ride it see if it feels good. Adjust another thing or move back to where you were originally. If you make too many adjustments at one time you don't know what worked and what didn't and you'll have no place to go back to when thing go bad.