Note to New Members ×

Lake Placid World Cup Update

neil sunday

Just got back from the WC PGS in Lake Placid-

I had the privilege of being a forerunner on a sick, steep, icy PGS course. Thanks BVG! Great course up top, and then 12-13 gates of steeps and scratchy snow.

Will post many pictures tomorrow of setups unlike what we're used to seeing. More Kesslers than I ever knew existed.

Great riding by Adam Smith who went into the finals round in fourth place, only to be narraowly ousted by .01 after a screaming comeback!

Gorgone, Rosey and Kosglow rode amazing!!! Railed the turns like riding on groomers! That's why they're at the top!

JJA was sporting a secretive looking Coiler on the first run. And another, but different one after qualifying. Bruce was building more boards and absent from the scene.

The gates were set great for the hill, but very demanding- As soon as you'd shin/clear a gate, the next one was in your face with very little time to set up an initate turns. Oh well, my 2 cents. Time to go out and try to ride like a madman (or just like anyone from Europe).